'preparing to standby' mode?

recently, my comp has been blanking out > then going to 'preparing to
standby' at will.. it will stay in that state until i move the mouse, then it
will go to the page where you click on your user icon ???? any
suggestions......
1 answer Last reply
More about preparing standby mode

    control panel, power options, uncheck the option to ask for password on return from standby. You might also set the time longer.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "denvoid" <denvoid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC1130E-B13C-4780-825F-93CF68AF8A31@microsoft.com...
    > recently, my comp has been blanking out > then going to 'preparing to
    > standby' at will.. it will stay in that state until i move the mouse, then it
    > will go to the page where you click on your user icon ???? any
    > suggestions......

Support Microsoft Windows XP