'preparing to standby' mode?

recently, my comp has been blanking out > then going to 'preparing to
standby' at will.. it will stay in that state until i move the mouse, then it
will go to the page where you click on your user icon ???? any
suggestions......

control panel, power options, uncheck the option to ask for password on return from standby. You might also set the time longer.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509