16 Bit Windows Subsystem Error

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminat the
application.

Lately, I am getting this error message whenever I try to play many of my CD
Rom games on my computer. This has not happened before and I don't
understand why they work one day and suddenly they don't. I am running
Windows XP.

For example, before coming here I tried Freddie Fish: and the Missing Kelp
Seeds by Humongous Entertainment. My grandkids love this game and have
played it many times on my system in the past. It no longer plays, as you
can see from the error message above.

PLEASE, somebody help!! Hopefully someone here can give me some idea as to
why this is happening.

Thanks, from one frazzled grandma!!

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows
Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

"Cindy E." <CindyE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable
for running
| MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
terminat the
| application.
|
| Lately, I am getting this error message whenever I try to play many
of my CD
| Rom games on my computer. This has not happened before and I don't
| understand why they work one day and suddenly they don't. I am
running
| Windows XP.
|
| For example, before coming here I tried Freddie Fish: and the
Missing Kelp
| Seeds by Humongous Entertainment. My grandkids love this game and
have
| played it many times on my system in the past. It no longer plays,
as you
| can see from the error message above.
|
| PLEASE, somebody help!! Hopefully someone here can give me some
idea as to
| why this is happening.
|
| Thanks, from one frazzled grandma!!

Hi.Ever since i installed service pack 2.I also get this error of
autoexec.nt.The fastest solution to this is Downloading the small utility
XPFIX.EXE
Trust me it works and you will need it again
--
shamoo,Good day