Really don't want to go over $700 because of college.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I don't care how big it is, I want performance.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
The bigger the better, but not too much of a concern
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need it to perform....
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not a big factor, but the more the merrier...
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
FSX with addons such as REX, GEX, UTX, ect. all running at the same time, on the highest settings possible while maintaining around 30-40 fps even in congested areas.
I have a few COD games, I think Black ops is the latest one, I would like to run them on medium to high settings but my main concern is FSX.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I'm going to be doing some work on solidworks as I go through college, but not a big deal ATM.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
128-256 GB, going to put a SSD in it...
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I've heard tigerdirect, newegg, and amazon have good prices, but I'm open to other sites.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years unless it's economically feasible to upgrade sooner.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Don't care for the most part. Must be able to read DVDs, and preferably write them. Anything more is a plus.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm open for the most part. I just want a quality piece of equipment with decent support.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would like at least 8gb of ram for gaming, however I could settle with less and just buy more later. I don't see the need for much more than 8gb though... I'm going to put an SSD in it, I'm leaning towards a 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 for $105 but I'm open to suggestions. A cheaper drive or one with more space but still the same price and performance would be nice. I'm kind leaning away from AMD processors because I heard they're not as good. I will consider them, but Intel is preferred. As for who makes the graphics chip, I could care less if it will do what I need it to do... Overall, the price vs performance is my biggest priority. I don't want to spend more than $700 because I still need to put an SSD and maybe more ram in it. Thanks...