Error 5 when trying to start services - logged in as admin..

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am following the instructions on the mocrosoft website to resolve error 711:
To resolve this issue, enable the disabled services, and then start the
services: 1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Double-click Services and Applications, and then double-click Services.
3. Right-click Telephony, and then click Properties.
4. On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.
5. On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click OK.
6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 for the Remote Access Connection Manager service and
for the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service.

When i get to step 5 - i get an error 5... not sure where to go from here.
Please help.
thanks

Some driver is conflicting with the service startup. I would try 'verifier'

1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

The error "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" will create a %windir%/MINIDUMP file that might have the driver name in it.
Rightclick the file to see the file maker's name.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509