Saving an Image from the Internet

May 5, 2005 7:37:32 PM

When doing a right click save as on an image located on a website, the only
option I am given is to save it as a .bmp. How can this be changed?

More about : saving image internet

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 10:54:29 PM

Take a look at this article Teresa.
Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Teresa wrote:
> When doing a right click save as on an image located on a
> website, the only option I am given is to save it as a
> .bmp. How can this be changed?
May 5, 2005 10:54:30 PM

Yes, I tried that but it didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Take a look at this article Teresa.
> Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Teresa wrote:
> > When doing a right click save as on an image located on a
> > website, the only option I am given is to save it as a
> > .bmp. How can this be changed?

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:10:09 AM

Teresa

I don't know a great deal about web pages, but it is just possible that the
author of the page has not made the animated graphic available to anybody
just wishing to copy it off the page.. he may have had to pay for it..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm