Saving an Image from the Internet

When doing a right click save as on an image located on a website, the only
option I am given is to save it as a .bmp. How can this be changed?
3 answers Last reply
More about saving image internet

    Take a look at this article Teresa.
    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Teresa wrote:
    > When doing a right click save as on an image located on a
    > website, the only option I am given is to save it as a
    > .bmp. How can this be changed?

    Yes, I tried that but it didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Take a look at this article Teresa.
    > Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > Teresa wrote:
    > > When doing a right click save as on an image located on a
    > > website, the only option I am given is to save it as a
    > > .bmp. How can this be changed?

    Teresa

    I don't know a great deal about web pages, but it is just possible that the
    author of the page has not made the animated graphic available to anybody
    just wishing to copy it off the page.. he may have had to pay for it..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, I tried that but it didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
    >
    >> Take a look at this article Teresa.
    >> Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> Teresa wrote:
    >> > When doing a right click save as on an image located on a
    >> > website, the only option I am given is to save it as a
    >> > .bmp. How can this be changed?

Support Microsoft Internet Windows XP