Sign in with
Your question

Beware of P4C800 "Cheap" BIOS!!!!!

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
August 23, 2003 11:44:37 PM

I just got a brand spankin new Asus P4C800(replacing my old A7N8X) and i flashed the BIOS to 1010, It corruped!!! I tryed it again, same thing after i changed a setting or rebooted a couple of times!! Then after i reflashed to original, it completely crappped out and BIOS was history, lol. Now it's in the "asus" shop. Freaking cost me an extra 20 bucks to ship it becuase they are too incompetent to make good BIOS chip that holds BIOS correctly!!! I have flashed BIOS's on every mother board manny manny manny times and i have never had one corrupt!!!!!!! Gay Gay Gay!!!!! Cheese Monkeys!!!!
January 2, 2004 7:26:02 PM

I feel your pain!

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.
January 2, 2004 7:51:00 PM

I use Asus branded optical drives. Thankfully I have never encountered a problem with them. I have their CD-RW (CRW-5224A) and DVD-+RW (DRW-0402P/D) in my own PC. I also installed a dozen Asus optical drives in the white boxes I assemble for friends and family.
Personally I have never used an Asus motherboard and with all the negative posts about Asus motherboards and the Asus RMA policies the last few months I have to say I have no interest in ever using an Asus motherboard.

<font color=red><i>Doctor Hooter</i></font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.page3.com/" target="_new"><b>(·Y·)</b></A>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 26, 2004 4:51:47 PM

Not for nothing and not being an ace in computers but I have the same feeling as you about Asus mobos. Seems like there are more unhappy users than there are ones that are happy with them. If not Asus what then? My reading tells me that Intel and Gigabyte seem to me to be the only boards with less complaints?

<b>"A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"</b>
February 3, 2004 2:53:42 PM

checkout DFI, I remember in one motherboard review on this site that the nFII LAN Party was one of the only two boards that beat Asus' A7N8X. The accessories are superb, including a pc carry bag and round ide cables, I don't know about their intel boards, but I don't doubt their great too

Mark Casey
!