I have this monitor and it blows the f900 fuse in the high voltage
supply after several hours, about 48 hours of up time it blew the fuse
before but I though I took care of it with the cap kit. took the ps
out, guess I didn't bother reflowing the joints on the flyback but
could this be the cause or is a 1 amp fb fuse not suitable. What fuse
for the hv comes with a cap kit for this monitor? I just put together
my own according to the spec.
Thanks!
~eric

Interesting. Mine blows every 10 seconds (figuratively speaking of
course; takes a little longer than that to replace it every time). I
haven't fixed my Asteroids upright as of yet, but I did find a burnt
R906 'protection' resistor (burnt to a crisp actually and no it didn't
taste like chicken) in the HV cage. Maybe this has something to do
with it and is something that you can check.

Does the little neon bulb on your deflection board make a lot of noise
and flicker as well? Regardless, I'm sure your machine is in much
better shape than mine. All mine does is power the coin lockout mech,
light-up the coin door 25-cent bulb, and light-up the marquee! No
sound, no vid, no pcb led. Hey maybe I should've just posted a new
topic. I probably will when I get around to focusing on this machine.

Steve

Excellent! I'm glad you got it fixed. Happy Lunar Landing.

If you have any extra R906 resistors please let me know. Radio Shack
doesn't carry this. Thanks!

Steve

Sure, there is another one of the ceramic kind on that TV chasis,
e-mail me your address and I'll just send it to you.
~eric