Sign in with
Your question

ATI AIW 9600XT problem....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 21, 2004 2:33:10 PM

Hi, all....

I'm new here--looked for a FAQ but didn't find one--I hope this problem wasn't already covered.

I just built my first PC, and it's great. Except.....

My monitor is showing up *green*. Like pea-soup green.

I've got the ATI AIW 9600XT video card, plain old VGA monitor (I've actually tried a couple of monitors, with the same issue), and a MSI 865PE Neo2 motherboard. I tried to download the video driver updates from MSI, but when installing it said that I didn't have the appropriate hardware configured.

Additionally, I tried both of the monitor connectors with it--both work the same way.

Everything else seems to work well--sound, modem, cd and floppy, hard disk, etc.

I also wonder if it might be connected to a popup I get when I boot--about needing to disable the TV capability. But when I go into the configure screen as instructed, it won't let me change anything because I don't have a TV attached.

Any ideas? I've been emailing ATI but all I get are form letters. I emailed MSI last night, but haven't heard back. I can't figure out if maybe I have a defective card, or a defective cable, or what.

Any info is *greatly* appreciated, I'm so frustrated.....

Thanks..... :) 

Marseille

More about : ati aiw 9600xt problem

a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2004 7:28:16 AM

This is normally caused by a bad pin on the cable, but since you've tested other monitors that only leaves the card, since your card doesn't use DVI to VGA adapters.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
July 23, 2004 2:11:49 PM

Wait--sorry, this is my first self-built computer--I'm confused about the DVI to VGA adapter. Is that something I need? I looked it up, and it looks like a totally different connector--my graphics card has a regular old VGA monitor connector (actually, two....as part of the spider-like cable stuck on the back of the video card).....

Also, for the record, I did hook my computer up to the S-video on the TV, and that aspect works fine. It's just the monitor. And I uninstalled the drivers from the CD that came with the board, and reinstalled the latest from ATI's site.

Do I need to return the card and get another? Do I need to change models because of some sort of incompatibility, or do you suppose I just got a defective one?

Thanks *so* much..... :) 

Marseille
Related resources
July 23, 2004 3:12:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks *so* much..... :) 

No problem

<font color=blue><font color=red>Milk</font color=red> my <font color=red>ass</font color=red>, and call me <font color=red>Nancy</font color=red>!</font color=blue>
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2004 8:55:19 PM

No, I was saying you don't have one, so that can't be an issue. Your card doesn't support DVI, therefor it's not an issue for you. So that leaves the monitor cable or video card, if you've tried other monitors it would point to a video card problem.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!