Tech: Super Buster Brothers

I've got a Super Buster Brothers here that i modified to bring back
from having a dead battery, and now the board boots and plays, but the
graphics are quite messed up.

Only the right half of the player is displayed, only half of the
bubbles, half of the fruits, etc. All text is good. I suspect ROM9 and
ROM10, but reimaged them with no change. Any ideas? I'm thinking a RAM
somewhere, but who knows where.

Any help is appreciated.

Brian

I'd guess addressing or data lines. Something sounds like it's not being
toggled to the 'other half' of course it could be the RAM itself too. If you
don't have a schem, good luck. Is there a self test? Try that.

<penzone@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Only the right half of the player is displayed, only half of the
> bubbles, half of the fruits, etc. All text is good. I suspect ROM9 and
> ROM10, but reimaged them with no change. Any ideas? I'm thinking a RAM
> somewhere, but who knows where.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Brian

Yeah me too!
Last week i used the method on `The Dead Battery Society` to restore a
Pang and was really pleased to see it boot up and start running!,but
the title screen is slightly messed up apart from that the game is
fine.
Figuring bad rom code I tried burning the remaining roms that i could
on the board but the title screen is still the same,has anybody else
restored a Pang that is okay?,i would imagine the code downloaded from
T.D.B.S tobe 100% i suppose i am looking for confirmation of this
really.
Thanks Jj

In article JAMMAJUP says...

>Yeah me too!
>Last week i used the method on `The Dead Battery Society` to restore a
>Pang and was really pleased to see it boot up and start running!,but
>the title screen is slightly messed up apart from that the game is
>fine.

I repaired one fairly recently and I believe it was perfect, no visible
issues. I can check again, but don't remember anything going wrong.

- James

JrokLand http://www.jrok.com