Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sevilla Game : Season 2 (2005/06)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:41:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league and UEFA Cup
runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting a mid-table
finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.

With the transfer market open for the new season and the 5.0.3 patch
applied, see's what will become the annual rape and pillage of my team by
the computer. First see's Arsenal and Inter make £60m bids for Cavenaghi,
which leaves him upset for a month before he signs a new contract with a
£200m release clause. Next Bayern and Chelsea try to Sign Scott Parker with
£15m and £20m, which are turned down though are close to his £30m release
clause.
Real Madrid don't mess around and take Sagnol (£15m) and Renato (£20.5m)
from me leaving me without a right side to my team. German Hornos (UGY SC)
was also sold for £3.6m to Deportivo.

New arrivals this season are mainly bosman signings, which sees the arrival
of:
Benjamin Auer (GER SC) from Mainz.
Sunday Oliseh (NGA D/DMC) from Dortmund.
Andrea Guatelli (ITA GK) from Portsmouth - did well for the B-team on his
loan spell.
Dennis Bergkamp (HOL SC) from Arsenal - which the supporters were unhappy
about.
Morgan De Sanctis (ITA GK) from Udinese
Vratislav Gresko (SLV D/DML) from Blackburn.
Robson Ponte (AMRC) free transfer.

and some youngsters:
Paul Thomik (GER AM/FRC) from FC Bayern.
Daryl Smylie (NIR MC) from Newcastle.
Tomi Petrescu (FIN SC) from Leicester
Quincy Owusu Abeyie (HOL SC) from Arsenal - was watching Arsenals FA Cup
reply against Sheffield United at the time :-)
Alessandro Lamburghi (ITA DL) from AC Milan.
Edoardo Frassetto (ITA DC) from AC Milan.

The close season also saw the arrival of Mikel Arteta for £3.3m, Fredy
Guarin for £1m, Labinot Harbuzi £20K, Vincent Kompany for £5.75m, Phillip
Lahm from FC Bayern as a replacement for Sagnol for £11m and Stewart Downing
from Middlesboro' for £5.25m. And also see's the arrival of the young
scottish keeper Iain Turner from Everton on loan for the season.

Manuel Mariotti (Salamanca), Anthony Vanden Borre (Xerez) and Labinot
Harbuzi (Badajoz) will all spent the season out on loan to gain experience
and help them settle.

Chelsea were the biggest spenders - £25m on Pablo Aimar, £12m on Daniel
Bonera, £29m on Mista, £11.5m on Michael Owen and £22m on Thomas Rosicky
added to last season buy of Totti (£25.5m), makes me glad I don't have to
face them.

The top three in Spain were also busy:

Barcelona: Fabio Aurelio £15.75m (D/DML) made only 10(11) appearances in 2
seasons and was sold to Liverpool for £4.5m.
Dede - £18.5m, Mancini - £11m, John Heitinga - £10m, Robinho - £8.25m.

Real Madrid: John Terry - £37.5m!, Renato £20.5m and Willy Sagnol £15m.

Valencia: Fabrizio Miccoli - £35m, Lucio - £11m, Xabi Alonso - £20m and
Sanli Tuncay £13.5m

Sevilla Squad for 2005/6:

GK: De Sanctis (ITA), Bernacchia (ITA)
RB: Lahm (GER), Josemi (SPA)
CB: Ferdinand (ENG), Montero (URG)
CB: Kompany (BEL), Varga (SVK)
LB: Lamburghi (ITA), Gresko (SVK)
RM: Robson Ponte (BRA), Sales (SPA)
CM: Baptista* (BRA), Navas (SPA), Arteta (SPA)
CM: Parker (ENG), Oliseh (NGR), Guarin* (COL)
LM: Murray (ENG), Downing (ENG), Adu* (USA)
SC: Burchelli (ITA), Ellington (ENG)
SC: Cavenaghi (ARG), Auer (GER), Bergkamp (HOL)
*FGN

With the new league season underway see's us get off to a mixed start, first
defeat comes in our third game away to At. Madrid, our second defeat of the
season doesn't come until december with a home defeat to Athletic Club
quickly followed by our third defeat (1-3 Osasuna) followed by 4 draws in a
row. Embarsing draws also occured against Getafe and R. Sociedad, though
there were some good results against the big three, a nil-nil home draw to
Real Madrid, 3-3 draw at Barcelona and a 1-0 win over Valencia. Another high
scoring Betis encounter saw the spoils shared 2-2, with us coming from
behind twice.

The UEFA cup campaign saw us beat Vllanznia (4-0) in the first round, the
group stage saw us drawn against Rapid (5-2), G. Antepspor (3-0), Udinese
(1-1) and Leverkusen (3-0), see's us finish top and draw Udinese in the
first knockout phase (is this possibly?).

With the opening of the winter transfer window see's us bring in a young
german left back Christian Pander from Schalke for £1.2m to provide back up
for Lamburghi who had played nearly every game upto now. A young spanish
centre-back is also brought in from great rivals Betis called Melli for £1m
as are couple of right wingers, Marco Marchionni eventually completes a
£4.3m move from Parma which took 3 weeks due to interest from other teams.
The major signing of the season sees us sign Sidney Govou from Lyon for £20m
much to the fans delight, who quickly becomes a fans favourite and breathes
some life back into our team, in only 18 appearacnes he scored 7, got 5
assists and managed 8 man of the match awards. Govou was my third choice
right-winger and only signed after I failed to get Wesly Sneijder who went
to Deportivo for £11m and then later Man Utd for £29m, also C. Ronaldo
failed to arrive after he demanded £110K a week wages.

Third choice keeper Esteban completes a £2m move to Mallorca, while Aranda
moves to Anderlacht for £4.5m after his failure to break into the team after
missing nearly all of last season due to a broken leg. Gresko also leaves to
join Alaves for £1m after he moaned about failing to settle and not being in
the first team.
Several unhappy players are also loaned out for the rest of the season
including Smylie (Recreativo), Cagara (Xerez) and 16 y.o wonderkid Federico
Vignes is loaned to Albacete to stop the computer teams from poaching him,
as it appears every major club is interested in him.

Mid-season league form contiuned to disappear until April seeing us slipping
down to 11th in the league, thanks to defeats to Valcenia (0-3), Valladolid
(0-4), At. Madrid (0-1) and Athletic Club (0-2) resulting in At. Madrid and
Athletic Club doing the league double over us :-(. There was some good
league news with stunning and hard working victories over Betis (3-2) Real
Madrid (4-2), Barcelona (2-1), Zaragoza (4-1) and Deportivo (5-1).
But 8 wins from our last 10 games saw us finish the season in fifth place,
claiming a UEFA cup spot for the second season in a row.

League Stats:
Home: Won 13 Drn 4 Lst 2 For 36 Ag 9
Away: Won 4 Drn 10 Lst 5 For 34 Ag 33
Overall: Won 17 Drn 14 Lst 7 For 70 Ag 42 GD +28 Pts 65 (1 less point than
last season).

Barcelona again won the league with 85pts agains, At. Madrid finished second
with Valencia (3rd) and Betis (4th) Real Madrid finished (6th) which saw
them sack another manager and offer me the job, which I turned down.

UEFA cup knockout stages saw us beat Udinese (5-0) and Rangers (5-1), before
going out in the Quarter Finals to eventually winners Dortmund (1-2), not
helped by having league games against Betis, R. Madrid and Barcelona either
side of the Dortmund ties.

The Spanish cup saw us drawn against Betis in the Quarter finals which saw
us beat them 5-3 on agg, the semi-final saw us beat Espanyol 3-0, before we
lost the final 2-0 to Barcelona, which saw Cavenaghi and Burchielli miss the
final due to injury and international duty.

Chelsea won the English Premiership with 90pts, Arsenal came 2nd while Man
Utd came 3rd.
FC Bayern grabbed there second title in a row.
PSV took the Dutch title with RKC second.
Serie A went to Inter with AC second and Leece third.

The Champions League went to Arsenal who beat Inter on pens.
World Cup 2006 saw Brazil beat Turkey on pens. England finished 4th, losing
the third place playoff to France in extra time, Sidney Govou of all people
scoring the winner. Govou was later voted best player of the World Cup,
which would later see Real Madrid steal him from me for £71m.

The World Cup dream team was:

1. Recber Rustu (Turkey)
2. Michael Murray (England) - *Yeah :-)
3. Fabio Aurelio (Brazil)
4. Lucio (Brazil)
5. Ledley King (England)
6. Sidney Govou (France) - * Sevilla
7. Mike Zoneveld (Holland)
8. Frank Lampard (England)
9. Patrick Vieria (France)
10. Rudd van Nistrelrooy (Holland)
11. Thierry Henry (France) - Surprisingly still at Arsenal
12. Edwin van der Sar (Holland)
13. Kevin Hofland (Holland)
14. Steven Gerrard (England)
15. Marek Jankulovski (Tottenham) - since when were they a country :-)
(Czech)
16. James Beattie (England)

Beattie won the golden boot with 5 goals.

Me, Parker and Ellington were called up to the England squad for theWorld
Cup, whilst Ferdinard hasn't reiceved a single cap since I bought him :-S.

Hopes for the third season are high with pre-contract aggrements with
Antonio Cassano, Alberto Gilardino, and Daniele Corvia to boast our
lacklustre strikeforce, which see's the retirement of Bergkamp and the sale
of Elington to Boro for £7.5m.

Cavenaghi is again our leading scorer with 27 goals, which sees his value
jump to £35m.

Bernacchia is promising to be a world class keeper.
Major disapointments this season were: Cagara (demanded £40K wages), Gresko,
Robson Ponte (had a good rating but wasn't getting any goals or assists)
Arteta and Auer were also useless, whilst Nathan Ellington just took to many
chances to score. Fredy Guarin was also a disapointment, but he does seem to
have improved in later seasons.

Fenardo Sales again proved to be an excellent understudy on the right,
Stewart Downing also showed some promise on the left but was let down by a
lack of fitness and stamina and so was dropped to the B team.


--
Michael Murray
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:33:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
<NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league and UEFA
> Cup
> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting a
> mid-table
> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>

nice report, good luck on the new season
My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new online game,
I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be busy while waiting Hamish to
catch up the Cardiff game.

My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
Took Reggina position at Serie A
We will start with 100M loaned in
25 former Parma players
and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
Haven't played a game yet
and will start with the following 25 players.
Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and odds 200-1

GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
DL - Junior/Falsini
DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
MC - Micoud/Nakata
SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
ML - Alex


--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:25:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

The Brazilian Man wrote:

> Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>
>> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league and
>> UEFA Cup
>> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting a
>> mid-table
>> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>>
>
> nice report, good luck on the new season
> My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new online
> game, I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be busy while waiting
> Hamish to catch up the Cardiff game.
>
> My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
> Took Reggina position at Serie A
> We will start with 100M loaned in
> 25 former Parma players
> and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
> Haven't played a game yet
> and will start with the following 25 players.
> Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and odds 200-1
>
> GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
> DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
> DL - Junior/Falsini
> DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
> DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
> MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
> MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
> MC - Micoud/Nakata
> SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
> FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
> ML - Alex
>
>

Why do you alwasy cheat with money..?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:25:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Em Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:25:58 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>> Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>
>>> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league and
>>> UEFA Cup
>>> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting a
>>> mid-table
>>> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>>>
>> nice report, good luck on the new season
>> My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new online
>> game, I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be busy while waiting
>> Hamish to catch up the Cardiff game.
>> My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
>> Took Reggina position at Serie A
>> We will start with 100M loaned in
>> 25 former Parma players
>> and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
>> Haven't played a game yet
>> and will start with the following 25 players.
>> Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and odds
>> 200-1
>> GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
>> DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
>> DL - Junior/Falsini
>> DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
>> DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
>> MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
>> MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
>> MC - Micoud/Nakata
>> SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
>> FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
>> ML - Alex
>>
>
> Why do you alwasy cheat with money..?

hehe

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:07:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:25:58 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>
>>> Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
>>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>>
>>>> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league and
>>>> UEFA Cup
>>>> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting a
>>>> mid-table
>>>> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>>>>
>>> nice report, good luck on the new season
>>> My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new online
>>> game, I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be busy while
>>> waiting Hamish to catch up the Cardiff game.
>>> My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
>>> Took Reggina position at Serie A
>>> We will start with 100M loaned in
>>> 25 former Parma players
>>> and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
>>> Haven't played a game yet
>>> and will start with the following 25 players.
>>> Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and odds
>>> 200-1
>>> GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
>>> DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
>>> DL - Junior/Falsini
>>> DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
>>> DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
>>> MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
>>> MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
>>> MC - Micoud/Nakata
>>> SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
>>> FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
>>> ML - Alex
>>>
>>
>> Why do you alwasy cheat with money..?
>
>
> hehe
>

Keep laughing...now send me some of that fancy coffee... Ok, I drink a
LOT of coffee, and Brazillian is among the favourites. Brazil, Colombia,
Kenya are the best ones at it!!
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:07:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Em Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:07:44 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Em Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:25:58 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>> escreveu:
>>
>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>>
>>>> Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
>>>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>>>
>>>>> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league and
>>>>> UEFA Cup
>>>>> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting a
>>>>> mid-table
>>>>> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>>>>>
>>>> nice report, good luck on the new season
>>>> My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new online
>>>> game, I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be busy while
>>>> waiting Hamish to catch up the Cardiff game.
>>>> My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
>>>> Took Reggina position at Serie A
>>>> We will start with 100M loaned in
>>>> 25 former Parma players
>>>> and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
>>>> Haven't played a game yet
>>>> and will start with the following 25 players.
>>>> Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and odds
>>>> 200-1
>>>> GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
>>>> DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
>>>> DL - Junior/Falsini
>>>> DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
>>>> DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
>>>> MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
>>>> MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
>>>> MC - Micoud/Nakata
>>>> SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
>>>> FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
>>>> ML - Alex
>>>>
>>>
>>> Why do you alwasy cheat with money..?
>> hehe
>>
>
> Keep laughing...now send me some of that fancy coffee... Ok, I drink a
> LOT of coffee, and Brazillian is among the favourites. Brazil, Colombia,
> Kenya are the best ones at it!!

The cheat never ends, italian game is giving me trouble as players walk on
the pitch, have called Hugh Grant and he might buy some shares of Fulham
for £35M, add £10M for buying players and £20 for Stadium expansion.
If Mohamed Al Fayed do not accept our bid, we will create the Notting Hill
FC at South Conference loaning Craven Cottage until The Bayswater Park is
build in July 2010.

lol

what a bored man can think...

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:17:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:07:44 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>
>>> Em Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:25:58 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>>> escreveu:
>>>
>>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
>>>>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>>>>
>>>>>> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league
>>>>>> and UEFA Cup
>>>>>> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting
>>>>>> a mid-table
>>>>>> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>>>>>>
>>>>> nice report, good luck on the new season
>>>>> My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new
>>>>> online game, I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be busy
>>>>> while waiting Hamish to catch up the Cardiff game.
>>>>> My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
>>>>> Took Reggina position at Serie A
>>>>> We will start with 100M loaned in
>>>>> 25 former Parma players
>>>>> and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
>>>>> Haven't played a game yet
>>>>> and will start with the following 25 players.
>>>>> Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and
>>>>> odds 200-1
>>>>> GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
>>>>> DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
>>>>> DL - Junior/Falsini
>>>>> DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
>>>>> DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
>>>>> MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
>>>>> MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
>>>>> MC - Micoud/Nakata
>>>>> SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
>>>>> FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
>>>>> ML - Alex
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Why do you alwasy cheat with money..?
>>>
>>> hehe
>>>
>>
>> Keep laughing...now send me some of that fancy coffee... Ok, I drink
>> a LOT of coffee, and Brazillian is among the favourites. Brazil,
>> Colombia, Kenya are the best ones at it!!
>
>
> The cheat never ends, italian game is giving me trouble as players walk
> on the pitch, have called Hugh Grant and he might buy some shares of
> Fulham for £35M, add £10M for buying players and £20 for Stadium
> expansion.
> If Mohamed Al Fayed do not accept our bid, we will create the Notting
> Hill FC at South Conference loaning Craven Cottage until The Bayswater
> Park is build in July 2010.
>
> lol
>
> what a bored man can think...
>

Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way, while I
like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign youngsters and let
them play to see how good they can get..and I have three teams at once..
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:17:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Em Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:17:39 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Em Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:07:44 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>> escreveu:
>>
>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>>
>>>> Em Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:25:58 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>>>> escreveu:
>>>>
>>>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
>>>>>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league
>>>>>>> and UEFA Cup
>>>>>>> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting
>>>>>>> a mid-table
>>>>>>> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> nice report, good luck on the new season
>>>>>> My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new
>>>>>> online game, I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be busy
>>>>>> while waiting Hamish to catch up the Cardiff game.
>>>>>> My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
>>>>>> Took Reggina position at Serie A
>>>>>> We will start with 100M loaned in
>>>>>> 25 former Parma players
>>>>>> and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
>>>>>> Haven't played a game yet
>>>>>> and will start with the following 25 players.
>>>>>> Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and
>>>>>> odds 200-1
>>>>>> GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
>>>>>> DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
>>>>>> DL - Junior/Falsini
>>>>>> DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
>>>>>> DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
>>>>>> MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
>>>>>> MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
>>>>>> MC - Micoud/Nakata
>>>>>> SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
>>>>>> FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
>>>>>> ML - Alex
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Why do you alwasy cheat with money..?
>>>>
>>>> hehe
>>>>
>>>
>>> Keep laughing...now send me some of that fancy coffee... Ok, I drink
>>> a LOT of coffee, and Brazillian is among the favourites. Brazil,
>>> Colombia, Kenya are the best ones at it!!
>> The cheat never ends, italian game is giving me trouble as players
>> walk on the pitch, have called Hugh Grant and he might buy some shares
>> of Fulham for £35M, add £10M for buying players and £20 for Stadium
>> expansion.
>> If Mohamed Al Fayed do not accept our bid, we will create the Notting
>> Hill FC at South Conference loaning Craven Cottage until The Bayswater
>> Park is build in July 2010.
>> lol
>> what a bored man can think...
>>
>
> Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way, while I
> like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign youngsters and let
> them play to see how good they can get..and I have three teams at once...

somehow I'm missing the link. It's been hard to have fun after my London
Palmeiras game.
that's why I'm moving around, Espanyol, Cardiff, Parma SC, could not play
longer that a season.
but now I'm deep thinking on Notting Hill as a minor club, to be not so
easy as Palmeiras was.
I might even try to build only from youth, this way I might find the fun
again.


--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:56:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

The Brazilian Man wrote:

> Em Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:17:39 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>
>>> Em Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:07:44 +0100, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>>> escreveu:
>>>
>>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Em Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:25:58 +0100, Sunhill
>>>>> <ohwhatthehell@for.com> escreveu:
>>>>>
>>>>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Em Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:57 -0000, Michael Murray
>>>>>>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> So with a relatively succesful first season (5th in the league
>>>>>>>> and UEFA Cup
>>>>>>>> runner-ups), the new season kicks off with the board expecting
>>>>>>>> a mid-table
>>>>>>>> finish, and me hoping for European Qualification.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> nice report, good luck on the new season
>>>>>>> My cardiff side ended 9th, and as hamish is busy with a new
>>>>>>> online game, I've created a back-up savegame, so I can be
>>>>>>> busy while waiting Hamish to catch up the Cardiff game.
>>>>>>> My new team is Parma Societá di Calcio
>>>>>>> Took Reggina position at Serie A
>>>>>>> We will start with 100M loaned in
>>>>>>> 25 former Parma players
>>>>>>> and build the replacements from youth (that's my wish)
>>>>>>> Haven't played a game yet
>>>>>>> and will start with the following 25 players.
>>>>>>> Expectations are a safe mid-table finish, from board, fans and
>>>>>>> odds 200-1
>>>>>>> GK - Gianluigi Buffon/Matteo Guardalben
>>>>>>> DR - Ze Maria/Luigi Sartor
>>>>>>> DL - Junior/Falsini
>>>>>>> DC - Fabio Cannavaro/Stefano Torrisi
>>>>>>> DC - Lilian Thuram/Matteo Ferrari/Nestor Sensini
>>>>>>> MC - Sebastian Veron/Sabri Lamouchi/Dino Baggio
>>>>>>> MR - Aimo Diana/Pierluigi Orlandini
>>>>>>> MC - Micoud/Nakata
>>>>>>> SC - Adriano/Crespo/Mutu (banned)
>>>>>>> FC - Di Vaio/Chiesa/Zola
>>>>>>> ML - Alex
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Why do you alwasy cheat with money..?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> hehe
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Keep laughing...now send me some of that fancy coffee... Ok, I
>>>> drink a LOT of coffee, and Brazillian is among the favourites.
>>>> Brazil, Colombia, Kenya are the best ones at it!!
>>>
>>> The cheat never ends, italian game is giving me trouble as players
>>> walk on the pitch, have called Hugh Grant and he might buy some
>>> shares of Fulham for £35M, add £10M for buying players and £20 for
>>> Stadium expansion.
>>> If Mohamed Al Fayed do not accept our bid, we will create the
>>> Notting Hill FC at South Conference loaning Craven Cottage until
>>> The Bayswater Park is build in July 2010.
>>> lol
>>> what a bored man can think...
>>>
>>
>> Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way, while
>> I like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign youngsters and
>> let them play to see how good they can get..and I have three teams at
>> once..
>
>
> somehow I'm missing the link. It's been hard to have fun after my
> London Palmeiras game.
> that's why I'm moving around, Espanyol, Cardiff, Parma SC, could not
> play longer that a season.
> but now I'm deep thinking on Notting Hill as a minor club, to be not so
> easy as Palmeiras was.
> I might even try to build only from youth, this way I might find the
> fun again.
>
>

Then try one of the "old" clubs and don\t give them a larger stadium,
extra money, rich uncle or whatever. THEN, if you make it, you`re
good...:)  Try Grimsby or Kidderminster.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:56:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

>>>>
>>>> The cheat never ends, italian game is giving me trouble as players
>>>> walk on the pitch, have called Hugh Grant and he might buy some
>>>> shares of Fulham for £35M, add £10M for buying players and £20 for
>>>> Stadium expansion.
>>>> If Mohamed Al Fayed do not accept our bid, we will create the
>>>> Notting Hill FC at South Conference loaning Craven Cottage until
>>>> The Bayswater Park is build in July 2010.
>>>> lol
>>>> what a bored man can think...
>>>>
>>>
>>> Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way, while
>>> I like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign youngsters and
>>> let them play to see how good they can get..and I have three teams at
>>> once..
>> somehow I'm missing the link. It's been hard to have fun after my
>> London Palmeiras game.
>> that's why I'm moving around, Espanyol, Cardiff, Parma SC, could not
>> play longer that a season.
>> but now I'm deep thinking on Notting Hill as a minor club, to be not
>> so easy as Palmeiras was.
>> I might even try to build only from youth, this way I might find the
>> fun again.
>>
>
> Then try one of the "old" clubs and don\t give them a larger stadium,
> extra money, rich uncle or whatever. THEN, if you make it, you`re
> good...:)  Try Grimsby or Kidderminster.

you will never forgive me for have my 'own' clubs, will you?
without any players or staff, how much money you think is a honest start
for a club?
Notting Hill FC is a reality, have already found the badge, only need to
setup reputation and money
I was thinking on £35M, but I believe you will say it's too much! :-)
The stadium will be that we will (share) loan Craven Cottage, is it fair?
But in July 2010 we will have our own stadium with 30,000 seats and
capacity for 60,000 expansion.
5 years to have an own stadium is not a cheat, and will not be so big as
you can see.
From start 0 minimum attendance, 0 avg, but maximum set for 60,000.
Hugh Grant as Chairman, 170 potential and 15 on resources and 10 on
business, is it fair?
I need at least to sign 25 players for a fair south conference challenge..




--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 11:52:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>>>>>
>>>>> The cheat never ends, italian game is giving me trouble as
>>>>> players walk on the pitch, have called Hugh Grant and he might
>>>>> buy some shares of Fulham for £35M, add £10M for buying players
>>>>> and £20 for Stadium expansion.
>>>>> If Mohamed Al Fayed do not accept our bid, we will create the
>>>>> Notting Hill FC at South Conference loaning Craven Cottage until
>>>>> The Bayswater Park is build in July 2010.
>>>>> lol
>>>>> what a bored man can think...
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way,
>>>> while I like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign
>>>> youngsters and let them play to see how good they can get..and I
>>>> have three teams at once..
>>>
>>> somehow I'm missing the link. It's been hard to have fun after my
>>> London Palmeiras game.
>>> that's why I'm moving around, Espanyol, Cardiff, Parma SC, could not
>>> play longer that a season.
>>> but now I'm deep thinking on Notting Hill as a minor club, to be not
>>> so easy as Palmeiras was.
>>> I might even try to build only from youth, this way I might find the
>>> fun again.
>>>
>>
>> Then try one of the "old" clubs and don\t give them a larger stadium,
>> extra money, rich uncle or whatever. THEN, if you make it, you`re
>> good...:)  Try Grimsby or Kidderminster.
>
>
> you will never forgive me for have my 'own' clubs, will you?
> without any players or staff, how much money you think is a honest
> start for a club?
> Notting Hill FC is a reality, have already found the badge, only need
> to setup reputation and money
> I was thinking on £35M, but I believe you will say it's too much! :-)
> The stadium will be that we will (share) loan Craven Cottage, is it fair?
> But in July 2010 we will have our own stadium with 30,000 seats and
> capacity for 60,000 expansion.
> 5 years to have an own stadium is not a cheat, and will not be so big
> as you can see.
> From start 0 minimum attendance, 0 avg, but maximum set for 60,000.
> Hugh Grant as Chairman, 170 potential and 15 on resources and 10 on
> business, is it fair?
> I need at least to sign 25 players for a fair south conference challenge.
>
>
>
>

With Hugh Grant on your side you can`t possibly BLOW it...:) 
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:44:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

> Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way,
> while I like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign youngsters
> and let them play to see how good they can get..and I have three teams at
> once..

Ah, the Wielder approach
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 7:50:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Marc Robbins wrote:

> > Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way,
> > while I like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign youngsters
> > and let them play to see how good they can get..and I have three teams at once..
>
> Ah, the Wielder approach

For the full flavour (your rig and patience permitting), you should have six teams in different
tiers on different continents. That is the best test for schizophrenia (the layman's armchair
kind of course). If that does not force you to use good old pen and paper notes, your head will
explode.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 7:50:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> Marc Robbins wrote:
>
>
>>>Well, we all play the game different. You like to play that way,
>>> while I like to play it slooooooooow, try players, sign youngsters
>>>and let them play to see how good they can get..and I have three teams at once..
>>
>>Ah, the Wielder approach
>
>
> For the full flavour (your rig and patience permitting), you should have six teams in different
> tiers on different continents. That is the best test for schizophrenia (the layman's armchair
> kind of course). If that does not force you to use good old pen and paper notes, your head will
> explode.
>
>
Nothing wrong with paper notes...
!