anyone head over to USAA in Columbus this weekend?

Last response: in Video Games
May 2, 2005 12:17:14 PM

Just wondering what the USAA sale was like at the fairgrounds this past
weekend, if there were any cool classics, bargains in the junk row...
or a junk row at all.

Between gas prices and the complete lack of space in the garage, I
decided to skip it.

Thanks for any info.

Seth,
pgh, pa

www.mame.us
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:38:58 PM

Greg has the prices. Most of the games were not to nice. Prices wer
average. No super bargains. I picked up a Gurilla Wars for 165 and my
cousin grabbed a Golden Axe for 160, both really nice cabs. Had 4 or 5
pac/Ms Pac cabs, 2 Space Invaders, one horrible Gauntlet II conversion,
2 Road Blasters. Auctioneer said every game was nice and "We hardly
ever seem them in this condition" Decent Pin selection and prices
there were kinda high. Auction went failry quick Sat. Need to show
the guy cooking the food how to cook the chicken strips. My cousin had
one that was not all the way cooked. Should have been a sign when he
said "never eaten here before, have ya'?"

Nice time. Looks like they dont come back till Sept though. Maybe I
am wrong but thats what I heard.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 2:53:08 PM

I got prices on most of the row of 19" vids:

Multigame cabaret of some sort ~1400
Gauntlet II ~160
Pac 500
Tetris mini 145
Capcom Bowling (vid problems) 45
Mania Challenge 135
Gorf 370
Street Fighter II 50
Time Pilot '84 (dark screen) 120
Roadblasters 270
Pole Position II 220
Pac Man (stripes in ghosts) 350
Street Fighter II 140
Pac Man 340
US Open Golf 135
Krazy Bowl 150
Ms Pac 475
GA Plus (Congo Bongo cab with decent CB sideart) 155
Outrun 150
Ms Pac (monitor issues) 390
Galaxian 425
Off Road 225
After Burner 155
R Type (solid pink screen) 60
Mortal Kombat II (solid white screen) 60
Big Event Golf 170
Fighter & Attack 130
Crystal Castles (rough, not working) 145
Ice Cold Beer 575
Space Invaders 305
Pac 575
Golden Axe 160
Excite Bike 145
Guerrila War 165
Super Hang On 215
Gyruss (Super Cobra cab, no video) 50
Pole Position (graphics issues) 75
Mario Bros 155
Operation Wolf 235
Outrun 275
SI Deluxe 320
Roadblasters (no steering) 170
SF 2 Champ Edition (dead) 10
Vendetta 95
Enduro Racer (bad throttle) 60
Main Event 150
Superman (Punchout cab) 135
Operation Wolf 125
Enduro Racer (bad throttle) 75
Pole Position (Ram 6 error) 30
UFO Robo Dangar (Tron cab) 110
Roc N Rope 80
Flicky 200
Shinobi 75
Pole Position (graphics issues) 70
Dragon Spirit (power problems) 135
Bad Dudes (broken monitor) 30
Turbo 50
Pole Position 185

The auctioneer did announce that the next USAA auction wouldn't be
until mid-September.

Greg
May 2, 2005 3:18:10 PM

Cool - thanks for the rundown. Good to see nothing from my short list
showed up.

I think I can make room in the garage by September... maybe.

Seth
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:37:03 PM

Thanks Greg. Great to see you there. Hope your wife enjoys the Flicky
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 6:06:21 PM

Thanks Mike! My wife was happy enough with the auction result to let
me buy Blaine's Tron (mentioned here a few days ago). It pays to grab
games for the wife whenever possible, even if I do get some strange
looks from friends when I tell them that I have Pooyan, Flicky, and
Magical Drop III in my collection...

Greg
May 2, 2005 7:50:36 PM

Did anyone catch the price of the KI2 in the last row? I really wanted it,
but I couldn't stay until they got back to those games.

Thanks!!

<caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Greg. Great to see you there. Hope your wife enjoys the Flicky

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:57:02 AM

Pretty small one this time; nothing that interested me personally.
No dead row (has there even been one in the last four years?).

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 4:26:22 AM

"Alex Yeckley" <ayeckley@elektronforge.com> wrote in message
> Pretty small one this time; nothing that interested me personally.
> No dead row (has there even been one in the last four years?).

Who needs a dead row when you can say that the game was up and running
yesterday...

Dane.
!