anyone head over to USAA in Columbus this weekend?

Just wondering what the USAA sale was like at the fairgrounds this past
weekend, if there were any cool classics, bargains in the junk row...
or a junk row at all.

Between gas prices and the complete lack of space in the garage, I
decided to skip it.

Thanks for any info.

Seth,
pgh, pa

www.mame.us
8 answers Last reply
More about anyone head usaa columbus weekend

    Greg has the prices. Most of the games were not to nice. Prices wer
    average. No super bargains. I picked up a Gurilla Wars for 165 and my
    cousin grabbed a Golden Axe for 160, both really nice cabs. Had 4 or 5
    pac/Ms Pac cabs, 2 Space Invaders, one horrible Gauntlet II conversion,
    2 Road Blasters. Auctioneer said every game was nice and "We hardly
    ever seem them in this condition" Decent Pin selection and prices
    there were kinda high. Auction went failry quick Sat. Need to show
    the guy cooking the food how to cook the chicken strips. My cousin had
    one that was not all the way cooked. Should have been a sign when he
    said "never eaten here before, have ya'?"

    Nice time. Looks like they dont come back till Sept though. Maybe I
    am wrong but thats what I heard.

    I got prices on most of the row of 19" vids:

    Multigame cabaret of some sort ~1400
    Gauntlet II ~160
    Pac 500
    Tetris mini 145
    Capcom Bowling (vid problems) 45
    Mania Challenge 135
    Gorf 370
    Street Fighter II 50
    Time Pilot '84 (dark screen) 120
    Roadblasters 270
    Pole Position II 220
    Pac Man (stripes in ghosts) 350
    Street Fighter II 140
    Pac Man 340
    US Open Golf 135
    Krazy Bowl 150
    Ms Pac 475
    GA Plus (Congo Bongo cab with decent CB sideart) 155
    Outrun 150
    Ms Pac (monitor issues) 390
    Galaxian 425
    Off Road 225
    After Burner 155
    R Type (solid pink screen) 60
    Mortal Kombat II (solid white screen) 60
    Big Event Golf 170
    Fighter & Attack 130
    Crystal Castles (rough, not working) 145
    Ice Cold Beer 575
    Space Invaders 305
    Pac 575
    Golden Axe 160
    Excite Bike 145
    Guerrila War 165
    Super Hang On 215
    Gyruss (Super Cobra cab, no video) 50
    Pole Position (graphics issues) 75
    Mario Bros 155
    Operation Wolf 235
    Outrun 275
    SI Deluxe 320
    Roadblasters (no steering) 170
    SF 2 Champ Edition (dead) 10
    Vendetta 95
    Enduro Racer (bad throttle) 60
    Main Event 150
    Superman (Punchout cab) 135
    Operation Wolf 125
    Enduro Racer (bad throttle) 75
    Pole Position (Ram 6 error) 30
    UFO Robo Dangar (Tron cab) 110
    Roc N Rope 80
    Flicky 200
    Shinobi 75
    Pole Position (graphics issues) 70
    Dragon Spirit (power problems) 135
    Bad Dudes (broken monitor) 30
    Turbo 50
    Pole Position 185

    The auctioneer did announce that the next USAA auction wouldn't be
    until mid-September.

    Greg

    Cool - thanks for the rundown. Good to see nothing from my short list
    showed up.

    I think I can make room in the garage by September... maybe.

    Seth

    Thanks Greg. Great to see you there. Hope your wife enjoys the Flicky

    Thanks Mike! My wife was happy enough with the auction result to let
    me buy Blaine's Tron (mentioned here a few days ago). It pays to grab
    games for the wife whenever possible, even if I do get some strange
    looks from friends when I tell them that I have Pooyan, Flicky, and
    Magical Drop III in my collection...

    Greg

    Did anyone catch the price of the KI2 in the last row? I really wanted it,
    but I couldn't stay until they got back to those games.

    Thanks!!

    <caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Greg. Great to see you there. Hope your wife enjoys the Flicky

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Pretty small one this time; nothing that interested me personally.
    No dead row (has there even been one in the last four years?).

    Alex
    ----
    ayeckley@elektronforge.com
    www.elektronforge.com
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "Alex Yeckley" <ayeckley@elektronforge.com> wrote in message
    > Pretty small one this time; nothing that interested me personally.
    > No dead row (has there even been one in the last four years?).

    Who needs a dead row when you can say that the game was up and running
    yesterday...

    Dane.

Junk Columbus Video Games