would like to know y after i installed the "spybot", my pc getting so slow
when i use MSN & internet...??!!! I tried several times to uninstall the
"spybot" and "MSN messenger"..but still as the same....really so "slow"...pls
help

On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:12:02 -0700, POOR LULU <POOR
LULU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>would like to know y after i installed the "spybot", my pc getting so slow
>when i use MSN & internet...??!!! I tried several times to uninstall the
>"spybot" and "MSN messenger"..but still as the same....really so "slow"...pls
>help

You installed and used Spybot Search & Destroy from
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html ?

I would suggest also installing and running Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de
and MS Antispyware from

Be sure to update them to the newest definitions, then reboot and use them
from Safe Mode. None of them are 100% infallible so running all three of
those will help catch spyware the others miss.

After you've cleaned your system, you can leave those on the computer or
not as you wish. Their presence should not affect your Internet
performance.

You might want to check your Hosts file. Some malware alters it so your
Internet activity is redirected from the expected locations. It is found
in \Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc. The Hosts file normally just one line
after the boiler plate like this:

# Blah Blah Blah, boilerplate was here.
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

If you have more lines after the 127.0.0.1 line, you can delete them all.
Then save the file and you should be all set. You might need to restart
the computer for the changes to take effect.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

TRENDING THREADS