JEINT EVERYTHING

ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
28 answers Last reply
More about jeint everything

    First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get at
    least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to spell correctly
    and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am old enough to remember
    that the American education system would not allow someone with your limited
    functionality graduate. It is indeed sad that you can present yourself in
    such a public forum in the fashion that you have and not feel any
    embarrassment.

    It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you look
    ignorant.
    How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present yourself in
    such a negative way?

    I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of punctuation
    and lacking the proper use of grammar or contractions/abbreviations.

    I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing for us to
    read it.

    Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the waistband of
    your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have some strange muscular
    disease. That will complete the image of yourself that you have projected
    here.

    Bobby

    (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with
    it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are spelled
    correctly).

    "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
    > everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

    On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:52:02 -0700, "cojin"
    <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
    >everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

    It's "giant". Anyhow, what resolution is your screen set to now? If you
    go to Control Panel > Display > Appearance, what size does it say for Font
    Size? Did you try changing the theme?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    800 by 600
    font normal
    ok its somtin wit my graphics card just experementing diffrent things i put
    2 moiters i opend guild wars (wich sems to dissaper) and it appered on second
    moniter i cant get rid of the second moniter thing and my mouse pointer can
    only get halfway accros the screen so i cant resize the game my graphics card
    is a radion 9250 know ne hting i could do?

    "Michael Cecil" wrote:

    > On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:52:02 -0700, "cojin"
    > <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
    > >everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
    >
    > It's "giant". Anyhow, what resolution is your screen set to now? If you
    > go to Control Panel > Display > Appearance, what size does it say for Font
    > Size? Did you try changing the theme?
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    > http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    On Thu, 5 May 2005 22:51:41 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
    <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote:

    >First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get at
    >least a 6th grade education.

    Of course, the fact that he is a 1st grader needs to be taken into
    account.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    On Fri, 6 May 2005 01:49:01 -0700, "cojin"
    <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >800 by 600
    >font normal
    >ok its somtin wit my graphics card just experementing diffrent things i put
    >2 moiters i opend guild wars (wich sems to dissaper) and it appered on second
    >moniter i cant get rid of the second moniter thing and my mouse pointer can
    >only get halfway accros the screen so i cant resize the game my graphics card
    >is a radion 9250 know ne hting i could do?

    I would simplify the situation. Remove, as in physically disconnect, one
    of the monitors. Then see if you can adjust the resolution to something
    normal like 1600x1200 or whatever is common these days. Once you get one
    monitor working the way you like, then you can add the second monitor.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    When you can type a query and spell five consecutive words correctly, you
    will "earn" some help. As long as you are typing tripe and gibberish, you
    don't deserve any help at all. You cannot present yourself as an idiot and
    expect anyone to want to help you.

    The stuff you are smoking or snorting has made you null and void...I urge
    you to stop immediately before you destroy the very few functioning brain
    cells you have left.

    Bobby

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 6 May 2005 01:49:01 -0700, "cojin"
    > <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>800 by 600
    >>font normal
    >>ok its somtin wit my graphics card just experementing diffrent things i
    >>put
    >>2 moiters i opend guild wars (wich sems to dissaper) and it appered on
    >>second
    >>moniter i cant get rid of the second moniter thing and my mouse pointer
    >>can
    >>only get halfway accros the screen so i cant resize the game my graphics
    >>card
    >>is a radion 9250 know ne hting i could do?
    >
    > I would simplify the situation. Remove, as in physically disconnect, one
    > of the monitors. Then see if you can adjust the resolution to something
    > normal like 1600x1200 or whatever is common these days. Once you get one
    > monitor working the way you like, then you can add the second monitor.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    > http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:27:45 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
    <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote:

    >When you can type a query and spell five consecutive words correctly, you
    >will "earn" some help. As long as you are typing tripe and gibberish, you
    >don't deserve any help at all. You cannot present yourself as an idiot and
    >expect anyone to want to help you.
    >
    >The stuff you are smoking or snorting has made you null and void...I urge
    >you to stop immediately before you destroy the very few functioning brain
    >cells you have left.

    I urge you to learn to attribute posts properly and quit top posting like
    a simpleton.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    I did attribute it to the wrong post, and I offer my apologies to you.
    There is no "law" against top posting and it saves a lot of time. The post
    I made was meant for the OP, not to you. Again, I apologize.

    "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
    > First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get
    > at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to spell
    > correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am old enough to
    > remember that the American education system would not allow someone with
    > your limited functionality graduate. It is indeed sad that you can
    > present yourself in such a public forum in the fashion that you have and
    > not feel any embarrassment.
    >
    > It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you look
    > ignorant.
    > How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present yourself
    > in such a negative way?
    >
    > I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
    > punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
    > contractions/abbreviations.
    >
    > I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing for us
    > to read it.
    >
    > Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the waistband of
    > your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have some strange
    > muscular disease. That will complete the image of yourself that you have
    > projected here.
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree
    > with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are spelled
    > correctly).

    Is there a literacy test needed to purchase a computer now? Do you feel you
    are somehow superior because you had a better education? Travel the world a
    bit. You'll find there are a great deal of intelligent people who haven't
    had the opportunity to receive a decent education. The OP's IP puts him in
    western Canada but that doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For
    whatever reason the OP has a problem with communication you don't have the
    right to marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your
    superiority.

    Kerry

    > "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
    >> everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

    "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
    > everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

    There are a few possibilities that may be causing your problem. You don't
    give us much information. Two of the most likely are:

    1) Got to the display properties. Click on the Appearance tab. Click on the
    Effects button. Make sure there isn't a check mark beside Use large icons.

    2) Again in the display properties. Click on the Themes tab. Choose either
    the Windows XP or Windows Classic theme.

    Let us know if either of these tips fix the problem.

    Kerry

    "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
    > "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
    >> First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get
    >> at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to spell
    >> correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am old enough
    >> to remember that the American education system would not allow someone
    >> with your limited functionality graduate. It is indeed sad that you can
    >> present yourself in such a public forum in the fashion that you have and
    >> not feel any embarrassment.
    >>
    >> It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you look
    >> ignorant.
    >> How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present yourself
    >> in such a negative way?
    >>
    >> I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
    >> punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
    >> contractions/abbreviations.
    >>
    >> I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing for us
    >> to read it.
    >>
    >> Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the waistband of
    >> your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have some strange
    >> muscular disease. That will complete the image of yourself that you have
    >> projected here.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >>
    >> (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree
    >> with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are spelled
    >> correctly).
    >>

    > Is there a literacy test needed to purchase a computer now? Do you feel
    > you are somehow superior because you had a better education? Travel the
    > world a bit. You'll find there are a great deal of intelligent people who
    > haven't had the opportunity to receive a decent education. The OP's IP
    > puts him in western Canada but that doesn't mean that is their country of
    > origin. For whatever reason the OP has a problem with communication you
    > don't have the right to marginalize them in some misguided attempt to
    > prove your superiority.
    >
    > Kerry
    >

    >> "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
    >>> everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
    >>

    >Kerry;

    I have traveled the world. I spent most of my life in the military, and I
    have been fortunate enough to have lived on almost every continent at one
    time or another.
    Your points are well taken, but I object to the lack of standards that is
    permeating our society these days. The OP will spend the rest of his life
    flipping burgers or scrubbing toilets because of the way he presents
    himself. He apparently thinks it is "cool" to make himself seem like a
    complete idiot. He will be perceived that way. I do not expect a doctoral
    thesis. It is not too much to ask to have the OP use a spell checkers, and
    to at least make an attempt to punctuate the sentence.

    I wanted the OP to know that he is making a fool of himself needlessly. He
    will never earn any respect from anyone when he presents himself the way he
    does. He apparently has sufficient brainpower to at least have basic
    cognitive reasoning skills, so there is hope that some day he may be able to
    form a complete and coherent sentence.

    It is because this situation is tolerated and condoned that the United
    States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of society. We are allowing
    people to graduate our "education" system that can't read and comprehend a
    can of noodle soup. We allow them to act like idiots; in fact it almost
    seems as if we encourage it.

    Because I have been fortunate enough to live in many great and wonderful
    countries, I have seen what is possible. One only has to look at the
    Japanese education system; When a person graduates high school there, you
    can be assured that they have met a set of standards that has not been
    compromised to allow fluff and detritus to rise to the top and graduate.

    We owe to these young people to not allow them to be stupid and lazy because
    they think it is cool.

    This is all my opinion. I entertain the thought of intelligent discourse on
    this issue, but it seems as if the liberal factions will not support
    enlightened debate. Because we allow individuals to "graduate" graduate
    from our education system with little or no true education, it will add to
    and hasten the decline that we seem to find our great country in.

    The OP has several options; continue to post in the fashion that he has,
    and he will continue to present himself as and be regarded as a complete
    idiot. He can use a spell checker and attempt to punctuate his sentences.
    Lastly, he can just stop posting. It matters not to me what he chooses.
    His postings are merely an indication of a much larger problem that we as a
    country are facing. Your defense of his actions contributes to the problem
    every bit as much as the OP does. While I do not agree, at least you present
    your position in an intelligent and adult manner, therefore it is worthy of
    considerations and debate. We all share a responsibility in this great
    society that we call America. When there is a problem that threatens the
    very fabric of our country, it is our duty to recognize it, to point it out,
    to debate it and hopefully correct it. The longer we allow our educational
    system to pump out individuals who perform at the level of the OP, we run
    the threat of our country becoming a third rate power with no intellectual
    base upon which to compete with the rest of the world. I do not expect
    every student that graduates high school to be a Nobel prize winning
    laureate, but they should at least be able to form a complete sentence
    composed of words that are spelled correctly. The mere fact that we allow
    individuals like to OP to graduate with his obvious lack of skills is wrong.
    It is wrong for the OP, because he is doomed to being treated like an idiot,
    because he portrays himself as such. Because we allow him to graduate
    without making any effort to learn anything, he can never contribute
    anything meaningful back to society. He becomes a burden, because he can't
    compete for the jobs that are available because he can't fill out an
    application. You can follow where this is going.

    I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time that we
    stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of school and then turn
    them loose on society behaving like the OP did. We owe it to them, and we
    owe it to ourselves.

    Bobby
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and
    > get at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to
    > spell correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am
    > old enough to remember that the American education system would not
    > allow someone with your limited functionality graduate. It is indeed
    > sad that you can present yourself in such a public forum in the
    > fashion that you have and not feel any embarrassment.
    >
    > It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you
    > look ignorant.
    > How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present
    > yourself in such a negative way?
    >
    > I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
    > punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
    > contractions/abbreviations.
    > I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing
    > for us to read it.
    >
    > Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the
    > waistband of your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have
    > some strange muscular disease. That will complete the image of
    > yourself that you have projected here.
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to
    > agree with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are
    > spelled correctly).

    Thanks for saving me a job! ;o) <eg> My RSI needs as much rest as it can
    get!

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Kerry Brown wrote:
    > "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
    >> First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and
    >> get at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to
    >> spell correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am
    >> old enough to remember that the American education system would not
    >> allow someone with your limited functionality graduate. It is
    >> indeed sad that you can present yourself in such a public forum in
    >> the fashion that you have and not feel any embarrassment.
    >>
    >> It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you
    >> look ignorant.
    >> How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present
    >> yourself in such a negative way?
    >>
    >> I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
    >> punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
    >> contractions/abbreviations.
    >>
    >> I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing
    >> for us to read it.
    >>
    >> Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the
    >> waistband of your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have
    >> some strange muscular disease. That will complete the image of
    >> yourself that you have projected here.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >>
    >> (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to
    >> agree with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words
    >> are spelled correctly).
    >>

    > Is there a literacy test needed to purchase a computer now?

    No, but there damned well should be! If people post to a group where the
    language is English then they should expect to be criticised if their posts
    make no sense whatsoever. If English wasn't his language, then he should
    have said so or, better yet, posted to a group in his native language
    (which, seeing as he's in Canada, could possibly be French). He could have
    searched the group for five seconds seen all these posts in a language that
    wasn't his own and gone to find a group that was - his problem not ours. If
    he wants to post in an English-speaking group he should post in a manner
    that would render his posts understood. If he does not, or cannot, do so,
    then he will be ridiculed.

    Do you feel you are somehow superior because you had a better education?

    Yes. To have a poor command of one's own native tongue shows ignorance and
    stupidity.

    > Travel the world a bit. You'll find there are a great deal of
    > intelligent people who haven't had the opportunity to receive a
    > decent education.

    Sorry, I disagree. The OP is obviously literate because he managed to find
    this group and post. Therefore, his intelligence has to be called into
    question. He's either retarded or lazy, and I know which my money's on. He's
    probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time hanging
    out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends. You know
    one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world? SMS. Kids are
    so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy xst. They may
    learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because of their mobiles.

    The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
    > doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
    > OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
    > marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.

    They should post to a group in their native language then. They post here -
    yes we do.

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    > this group and post. Therefore, his intelligence has to be called into
    > question. He's either retarded or lazy, and I know which my money's on.
    > He's probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time
    > hanging out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends.
    > You know one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world?
    > SMS. Kids are so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy
    > xst. They may learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because
    > of their mobiles.
    >
    > The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
    >> doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
    >> OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
    >> marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.
    >
    > They should post to a group in their native language then. They post

    I don't like the current trend to abbreviating the English language either.
    That doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume someone who does
    so is mentally challenged. Language evolves. Try listening to some Chaucer
    read the way it was spoken in his lifetime. Read A Clockwork Orange. Travel
    to England and listen to many of the different ways English can be spoken. I
    deplore the way English is taught in our school systems but that is not the
    fault of the students. Just because we have a rather homogenous version of
    English here in North America don't make it necessarily right :-)

    These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
    skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.

    Kerry
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    >>

    >> --
    >> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    > I don't like the current trend to abbreviating the English language
    > either. That doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume someone
    > who does so is mentally challenged. Language evolves. Try listening to
    > some Chaucer read the way it was spoken in his lifetime. Read A Clockwork
    > Orange. Travel to England and listen to many of the different ways English
    > can be spoken. I deplore the way English is taught in our school systems
    > but that is not the fault of the students. Just because we have a rather
    > homogenous version of English here in North America don't make it
    > necessarily right :-)
    >
    > These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
    > skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.

    Kerry;

    I cannot believe that you would use Chaucer or Kubrick to defend the OP.
    If you truly understood what Chaucer and Kubrick wrote, you would understand
    that they were condemning the exact same thing that the OP was doing. I
    suggest you read Clockwork Orange again. You will see the metaphor for what
    is happening today. Many great minds have grappled with this
    problem...Shakespeare, Orwell, Ovid. To list them all would be time
    consuming. The point is that the OP is lazy and presents himself in a
    fashion that we as a society should not condone.

    In the end, I guess we will merely have to agree to disagree. I can never
    support the liberal agenda,...I love this wonderful country too much to
    allow that.

    Bobby
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    >> because we have a rather homogenous version of English here in North
    >> America don't make it necessarily right :-)
    >>
    >> These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
    >> skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.
    >>
    >> Kerry
    >>

    > Kerry;
    >
    > I cannot believe that you would use Chaucer or Kubrick to defend the OP.
    > If you truly understood what Chaucer and Kubrick wrote, you would
    > understand that they were condemning the exact same thing that the OP was
    > doing. I suggest you read Clockwork Orange again. You will see the
    > metaphor for what is happening today. Many great minds have grappled with
    > this problem...Shakespeare, Orwell, Ovid. To list them all would be time
    > consuming. The point is that the OP is lazy and presents himself in a
    > fashion that we as a society should not condone.

    We obviously differ on our interpetation of A Clockwork Orange, which was
    written by Anthony Burgess. He was a noted amateur linguist who also wrote
    many essays on how languages evolve. Kubrick made a very good movie based on
    his book. The movie is often interpeted differently from the book. I was
    using Chaucer as an example of how English has evolved over the years. There
    are recordings of modern day scholars reading his work as they think it
    sounded in his time. It sounds more like German than English and takes
    several listenings to understand it.

    > In the end, I guess we will merely have to agree to disagree. I can never
    > support the liberal agenda,...I love this wonderful country too much to
    > allow that.
    >
    > Bobby

    Your country has nothing to do with language and how it evolves. The liberal
    agenda has nothing to do with language. How many Spanish words are now in
    generally accepted as correct American English? Your prejudices are showing.
    If you read my post you would realise that I don't like the way English is
    evolving either. I agree with your other post that the North American
    education system is deplorable. I also agree with your assessment that the
    OP is restricting his employment options by using the English language this
    way. All this has nothing to do with the OP's question. Berating someone in
    a public forum on the basis of you not liking the way they use English is
    childish.

    Kerry
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    >
    >> In the end, I guess we will merely have to agree to disagree. I can
    >> never support the liberal agenda,...I love this wonderful country too
    >> much to allow that.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >>

    > Your country has nothing to do with language and how it evolves. The
    > liberal agenda has nothing to do with language. How many Spanish words are
    > now in generally accepted as correct American English? Your prejudices are
    > showing. If you read my post you would realise that I don't like the way
    > English is evolving either. I agree with your other post that the North
    > American education system is deplorable. I also agree with your assessment
    > that the OP is restricting his employment options by using the English
    > language this way. All this has nothing to do with the OP's question.
    > Berating someone in a public forum on the basis of you not liking the way

    The point you should understand is that we have to start somewhere. If we
    hope to correct the problems that allow our children to enter society in
    such a disgusting sate as the OP, then we cannot allow it on *ANY* level.
    The liberal agenda has everything to do with it. The liberal agenda tells
    parents not to correct their children...not to teach children that they are
    part of a society and there are norms and expectations that must be met.
    The liberal agenda says "Don't scold your child ... you'll scar his psyche".
    They say "Don't spank your child...you'll damage him psychologically". It is
    all BS. We turn little ignorant tyrants loose on the society that have no
    concept of what it means to be a part of a society...they think they can do
    and act as they please. Someone, somewhere, sometime has to be adult
    enough, strong enough and brave enough to say it's wrong to allow these
    little cretins to act and be they way they are.

    I have been fortunate to raise three wonderful children...a Veterinarian,
    an Engineer who is designing air and spacecraft, and a very talented
    Mathematician. I would not allow them to be lazy. I did not demand
    miracles from them, I merely required that they apply themselves to their
    studies and not waste the opportunity that an education could afford them.
    Not only did they not waste the opportunity, they embraced it. As a result,
    they are now giving back to the society which gave them the opportunity to
    achieve. The OP obviously has squandered what investment society made in
    him, and deserves to be taken to task for it. He is not incapable of
    coherent communication, just too lazy to do so. We do not have to accept
    laziness. We owe it to those who are like the OP to do whatever we can to
    bring them up to a level where they are at least not a drain on society.

    As a side question, with no intent of offending you, Kerry; how would you
    feel if one of your children posted the original thread? If you do not have
    children, what if was your brother, or you father? Would it bother you that
    everyone who read his post would come to the conclusion that he was an
    idiot? Would you in that case discuss it with them in hopes of helping? I
    pointed it out so that the OP would know how poorly he projected himself,
    and the lack of respect that his post would garner. If he for even a moment
    was offended enough to consider trying to not post such garbage, then my
    post was not in vain (from my viewpoint),

    Kerry, I wish we could sit and have coffee together...You seem like the kind
    of person who would enjoy a good debate without reducing it to tirades and
    insults. I respect your viewpoints, and hope that in turn you can at least
    seem the point I wish to make. The mere fact that you and I can continue
    this thread without fear of persecution is at least a hopeful sign. I fear
    we have digressed from the intent of my original post and that this thread
    should die.

    I look forward to your future postings.

    Bobby
  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    > you that everyone who read his post would come to the conclusion that he
    > was an idiot? Would you in that case discuss it with them in hopes of
    > helping? I pointed it out so that the OP would know how poorly he
    > projected himself, and the lack of respect that his post would garner. If
    > he for even a moment was offended enough to consider trying to not post
    > such garbage, then my post was not in vain (from my viewpoint),
    >
    > Kerry, I wish we could sit and have coffee together...You seem like the
    > kind of person who would enjoy a good debate without reducing it to
    > tirades and insults. I respect your viewpoints, and hope that in turn you
    > can at least seem the point I wish to make. The mere fact that you and I
    > can continue this thread without fear of persecution is at least a hopeful
    > sign. I fear we have digressed from the intent of my original post and

    I enjoy debating you as well. We don't agree but we respect each other's
    opinion. That's what life in general should be about. If more people
    practiced it the world would be a much better place.

    As far as my children, I don't have any. My partner has three wonderful
    young adult children and one grandson. I didn't know her at the time but
    when they were growing up she was firm but never hit or belittled them. They
    are excellent examples of how people should behave. Unfortunately, to my
    dismay they use what I call MSN speak when writing casually. They are well
    educated, have good jobs, and when writing essays for university are very
    articulate. When writing casually on the internet they use MSN speak. It is
    how languages work. Do you use thee and thou in your writing? What they are
    doing is accepted as normal by their generation.

    I don't agree there is an organized liberal agenda any more than an
    organized conservative agenda. The vast majority of people are somewhere in
    between. There are a few lunatics at either end of the spectrum who often
    get quoted as spokespeople for the left or right but in reality no one pays
    them much attention. At least that's how it works here in Canada. Things do
    seem a little more polarised in the US.

    Kerry
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    --
    Mike Pawlak
> [...]
    He's
    > probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time
    hanging
    > out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends. You
    know
    > one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world? SMS. Kids
    are
    > so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy xst. They may
    > learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because of their
    mobiles.

    > The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
    > > doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
    > > OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
    > > marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.
    >
    > They should post to a group in their native language then. They post

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> [...]
    > words that are spelled correctly. The mere fact that we allow
    > individuals like to OP to graduate with his obvious lack of skills is
    > wrong. It is wrong for the OP, because he is doomed to being treated
    > like an idiot, because he portrays himself as such. Because we allow
    > him to graduate without making any effort to learn anything, he can
    > never contribute anything meaningful back to society. He becomes a
    > burden, because he can't compete for the jobs that are available
    > because he can't fill out an application. You can follow where this
    > is going.
    > I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time
    > that we stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of
    > school and then turn them loose on society behaving like the OP did. We
    > owe it to them, and we owe it to ourselves.

    Bobby,

    I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.

    Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?

    "United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of society..." (and I
    can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a typo).

    It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    >> never contribute anything meaningful back to society. He becomes a
    >> burden, because he can't compete for the jobs that are available
    >> because he can't fill out an application. You can follow where this
    >> is going.
    >> I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time
    >> that we stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of
    >> school and then turn them loose on society behaving like the OP did. We
    >> owe it to them, and we owe it to ourselves.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >
    > Bobby,
    >
    > I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.
    >

    > Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?
    >
    > "United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of society..." (and
    > I can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a typo).
    >
    > It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...

    Are you disputing the allegation or something else?

    May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the newsgroups he
    frequented.

    Bobby
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> [...]
    >>> can follow where this is going.
    >>> I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time
    >>> that we stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of
    >>> school and then turn them loose on society behaving like the OP
    >>> did. We owe it to them, and we owe it to ourselves.
    >>>
    >>> Bobby
    >>
    >> Bobby,
    >>
    >> I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.
    >>

    >> Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?
    >>
    >> "United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of
    >> society..." (and I can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a
    >> typo). It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...
    >>
    >> --
    >> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    > Are you disputing the allegation or something else?
    >
    > May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the

    Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
    it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
    '...is losing it's...'

    Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar and
    spelling are impeccable.

    As for Alex, he had cancer, buddy; on his liver, IIRC.

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    >>> Bobby,
    >>>
    >>> I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.
    >>>

    >>> Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?
    >>>
    >>> "United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of
    >>> society..." (and I can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a
    >>> typo). It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>>

    >> Are you disputing the allegation or something else?
    >>
    >> May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the
    >> newsgroups he frequented.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >
    > Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
    > it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
    > '...is losing it's...'
    >
    > Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar
    > and spelling are impeccable.
    >
    > As for Alex, he had cancer, buddy; on his liver, IIRC.
    >

    > --
    > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    You are correct. I used a contraction completely out of context. I must be
    more careful in the future, lest I again fall upon my own sword. My
    apologies to you and the gentle readers who have chosen to follow this
    meandering thread. I stand corrected and thank you for pointing it out.

    I pray that Alex did not find much discomfort at the end of his battle with
    cancer. I did not know Mr. Nichol personally, but still his passing causes
    me a certain sadness...his wisdom and style will be sorely missed.

    I am off to enjoy a bottle or three of Sam Adams.

    Cheers!

    Bobby
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote:

    >Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
    >it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
    >'...is losing it's...'
    >
    >Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar and
    >spelling are impeccable.

    As an English major, how would you punctuate the following to make it
    a sentence:

    "a woman without her man is nothing"

    I say, "A woman, without her man, is nothing."
    My wife says, "A woman; without her, man is nothing." :)
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >> NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    >>> Are you disputing the allegation or something else?
    >>>
    >>> May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the
    >>> newsgroups he frequented.
    >>>
    >>> Bobby
    >>
    >> Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
    >> it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
    >> '...is losing it's...'
    >>
    >> Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar
    >> and spelling are impeccable.
    >>
    >> As for Alex, he had cancer, buddy; on his liver, IIRC.
    >>

    >> --
    >> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    > You are correct. I used a contraction completely out of context. I must
    > be more careful in the future, lest I again fall upon my own sword. My
    > apologies to you and the gentle readers who have chosen to follow this
    > meandering thread. I stand corrected and thank you for pointing it out.
    >
    > I pray that Alex did not find much discomfort at the end of his battle
    > with cancer. I did not know Mr. Nichol personally, but still his passing
    > causes me a certain sadness...his wisdom and style will be sorely missed.
    >
    > I am off to enjoy a bottle or three of Sam Adams.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > Bobby

    Have one for me. I enjoyed the discussion. If we ever do get together for a
    coffee and a debate I like Americano's, but please not Starbucks.

    Kerry
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    He's
    > probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time
    hanging
    > out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends. You
    know
    > one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world? SMS. Kids
    are
    > so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy xst. They may
    > learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because of their
    mobiles.

    > The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
    > > doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
    > > OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
    > > marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.
    >
    > They should post to a group in their native language then. They post

    When judgement day comes folks I feel sorry for each and everyone of you!!!!

    PEACE!!

    George
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]
    > >

    > I don't like the current trend to abbreviating the English language
    either.
    > That doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume someone who
    does
    > so is mentally challenged. Language evolves. Try listening to some Chaucer
    > read the way it was spoken in his lifetime. Read A Clockwork Orange.
    Travel
    > to England and listen to many of the different ways English can be spoken.
    > deplore the way English is taught in our school systems but that is not
    the
    > fault of the students. Just because we have a rather homogenous version of
    > English here in North America don't make it necessarily right :-)
    >
    > These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
    > skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.

    Amen and Amen!!!!
  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    > "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
    > > everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
    >
    > There are a few possibilities that may be causing your problem. You don't
    > give us much information. Two of the most likely are:
    >
    > 1) Got to the display properties. Click on the Appearance tab. Click on
    the
    > Effects button. Make sure there isn't a check mark beside Use large icons.
    >
    > 2) Again in the display properties. Click on the Themes tab. Choose either
    > the Windows XP or Windows Classic theme.
    >
    > Let us know if either of these tips fix the problem.
    >
    > Kerry

    After criticizing the heck out of this guy do you think for one minute he is
    still reading this? If you do, along with all of your responses including
    everyone in here who criticized the OP, I doubt that he/she cares what you
    tell them.

    I will be praying for each one of you judgemental people. Wait a minute
    since you all seem to be everyone's Savior then I guess if I pray I will be
    praying to you? NOT!!!

    George

Support Resolution Microsoft Windows XP