JEINT EVERYTHING

May 6, 2005 4:52:02 AM

ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

More about : jeint

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 4:52:03 AM

First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get at
least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to spell correctly
and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am old enough to remember
that the American education system would not allow someone with your limited
functionality graduate. It is indeed sad that you can present yourself in
such a public forum in the fashion that you have and not feel any
embarrassment.

It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you look
ignorant.
How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present yourself in
such a negative way?

I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of punctuation
and lacking the proper use of grammar or contractions/abbreviations.

I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing for us to
read it.

Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the waistband of
your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have some strange muscular
disease. That will complete the image of yourself that you have projected
here.

Bobby

(It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with
it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are spelled
correctly).

"cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
> everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 7:19:02 AM

On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:52:02 -0700, "cojin"
<cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
>everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

It's "giant". Anyhow, what resolution is your screen set to now? If you
go to Control Panel > Display > Appearance, what size does it say for Font
Size? Did you try changing the theme?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

800 by 600
font normal
ok its somtin wit my graphics card just experementing diffrent things i put
2 moiters i opend guild wars (wich sems to dissaper) and it appered on second
moniter i cant get rid of the second moniter thing and my mouse pointer can
only get halfway accros the screen so i cant resize the game my graphics card
is a radion 9250 know ne hting i could do?

"Michael Cecil" wrote:

> On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:52:02 -0700, "cojin"
> <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
> >everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
>
> It's "giant". Anyhow, what resolution is your screen set to now? If you
> go to Control Panel > Display > Appearance, what size does it say for Font
> Size? Did you try changing the theme?
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:56:02 AM

On Thu, 5 May 2005 22:51:41 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
<mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote:

>First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get at
>least a 6th grade education.

Of course, the fact that he is a 1st grader needs to be taken into
account.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:57:55 AM

On Fri, 6 May 2005 01:49:01 -0700, "cojin"
<cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>800 by 600
>font normal
>ok its somtin wit my graphics card just experementing diffrent things i put
>2 moiters i opend guild wars (wich sems to dissaper) and it appered on second
>moniter i cant get rid of the second moniter thing and my mouse pointer can
>only get halfway accros the screen so i cant resize the game my graphics card
>is a radion 9250 know ne hting i could do?

I would simplify the situation. Remove, as in physically disconnect, one
of the monitors. Then see if you can adjust the resolution to something
normal like 1600x1200 or whatever is common these days. Once you get one
monitor working the way you like, then you can add the second monitor.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:57:56 AM

When you can type a query and spell five consecutive words correctly, you
will "earn" some help. As long as you are typing tripe and gibberish, you
don't deserve any help at all. You cannot present yourself as an idiot and
expect anyone to want to help you.

The stuff you are smoking or snorting has made you null and void...I urge
you to stop immediately before you destroy the very few functioning brain
cells you have left.

Bobby

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 May 2005 01:49:01 -0700, "cojin"
> <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>800 by 600
>>font normal
>>ok its somtin wit my graphics card just experementing diffrent things i
>>put
>>2 moiters i opend guild wars (wich sems to dissaper) and it appered on
>>second
>>moniter i cant get rid of the second moniter thing and my mouse pointer
>>can
>>only get halfway accros the screen so i cant resize the game my graphics
>>card
>>is a radion 9250 know ne hting i could do?
>
> I would simplify the situation. Remove, as in physically disconnect, one
> of the monitors. Then see if you can adjust the resolution to something
> normal like 1600x1200 or whatever is common these days. Once you get one
> monitor working the way you like, then you can add the second monitor.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 9:49:21 AM

On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:27:45 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
<mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote:

>When you can type a query and spell five consecutive words correctly, you
>will "earn" some help. As long as you are typing tripe and gibberish, you
>don't deserve any help at all. You cannot present yourself as an idiot and
>expect anyone to want to help you.
>
>The stuff you are smoking or snorting has made you null and void...I urge
>you to stop immediately before you destroy the very few functioning brain
>cells you have left.

I urge you to learn to attribute posts properly and quit top posting like
a simpleton.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 9:49:22 AM

I did attribute it to the wrong post, and I offer my apologies to you.
There is no "law" against top posting and it saves a lot of time. The post
I made was meant for the OP, not to you. Again, I apologize.

> On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:27:45 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
> <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote:
>
>>When you can type a query and spell five consecutive words correctly, you
>>will "earn" some help. As long as you are typing tripe and gibberish, you
>>don't deserve any help at all. You cannot present yourself as an idiot
>>and
>>expect anyone to want to help you.
>>
>>The stuff you are smoking or snorting has made you null and void...I urge
>>you to stop immediately before you destroy the very few functioning brain
>>cells you have left.
>
> I urge you to learn to attribute posts properly and quit top posting like
> a simpleton.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 11:26:02 AM

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
> First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get
> at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to spell
> correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am old enough to
> remember that the American education system would not allow someone with
> your limited functionality graduate. It is indeed sad that you can
> present yourself in such a public forum in the fashion that you have and
> not feel any embarrassment.
>
> It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you look
> ignorant.
> How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present yourself
> in such a negative way?
>
> I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
> punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
> contractions/abbreviations.
>
> I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing for us
> to read it.
>
> Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the waistband of
> your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have some strange
> muscular disease. That will complete the image of yourself that you have
> projected here.
>
> Bobby
>
> (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree
> with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are spelled
> correctly).

Is there a literacy test needed to purchase a computer now? Do you feel you
are somehow superior because you had a better education? Travel the world a
bit. You'll find there are a great deal of intelligent people who haven't
had the opportunity to receive a decent education. The OP's IP puts him in
western Canada but that doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For
whatever reason the OP has a problem with communication you don't have the
right to marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your
superiority.

Kerry

> "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
>> everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 11:39:12 AM

"cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
> everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc

There are a few possibilities that may be causing your problem. You don't
give us much information. Two of the most likely are:

1) Got to the display properties. Click on the Appearance tab. Click on the
Effects button. Make sure there isn't a check mark beside Use large icons.

2) Again in the display properties. Click on the Themes tab. Choose either
the Windows XP or Windows Classic theme.

Let us know if either of these tips fix the problem.

Kerry
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:05:21 PM

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
news:o 2yBKdkUFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
>> First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and get
>> at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to spell
>> correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am old enough
>> to remember that the American education system would not allow someone
>> with your limited functionality graduate. It is indeed sad that you can
>> present yourself in such a public forum in the fashion that you have and
>> not feel any embarrassment.
>>
>> It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you look
>> ignorant.
>> How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present yourself
>> in such a negative way?
>>
>> I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
>> punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
>> contractions/abbreviations.
>>
>> I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing for us
>> to read it.
>>
>> Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the waistband of
>> your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have some strange
>> muscular disease. That will complete the image of yourself that you have
>> projected here.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree
>> with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are spelled
>> correctly).
>>

> Is there a literacy test needed to purchase a computer now? Do you feel
> you are somehow superior because you had a better education? Travel the
> world a bit. You'll find there are a great deal of intelligent people who
> haven't had the opportunity to receive a decent education. The OP's IP
> puts him in western Canada but that doesn't mean that is their country of
> origin. For whatever reason the OP has a problem with communication you
> don't have the right to marginalize them in some misguided attempt to
> prove your superiority.
>
> Kerry
>

>> "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
>>> everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
>>

>Kerry;

I have traveled the world. I spent most of my life in the military, and I
have been fortunate enough to have lived on almost every continent at one
time or another.
Your points are well taken, but I object to the lack of standards that is
permeating our society these days. The OP will spend the rest of his life
flipping burgers or scrubbing toilets because of the way he presents
himself. He apparently thinks it is "cool" to make himself seem like a
complete idiot. He will be perceived that way. I do not expect a doctoral
thesis. It is not too much to ask to have the OP use a spell checkers, and
to at least make an attempt to punctuate the sentence.

I wanted the OP to know that he is making a fool of himself needlessly. He
will never earn any respect from anyone when he presents himself the way he
does. He apparently has sufficient brainpower to at least have basic
cognitive reasoning skills, so there is hope that some day he may be able to
form a complete and coherent sentence.

It is because this situation is tolerated and condoned that the United
States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of society. We are allowing
people to graduate our "education" system that can't read and comprehend a
can of noodle soup. We allow them to act like idiots; in fact it almost
seems as if we encourage it.

Because I have been fortunate enough to live in many great and wonderful
countries, I have seen what is possible. One only has to look at the
Japanese education system; When a person graduates high school there, you
can be assured that they have met a set of standards that has not been
compromised to allow fluff and detritus to rise to the top and graduate.

We owe to these young people to not allow them to be stupid and lazy because
they think it is cool.

This is all my opinion. I entertain the thought of intelligent discourse on
this issue, but it seems as if the liberal factions will not support
enlightened debate. Because we allow individuals to "graduate" graduate
from our education system with little or no true education, it will add to
and hasten the decline that we seem to find our great country in.

The OP has several options; continue to post in the fashion that he has,
and he will continue to present himself as and be regarded as a complete
idiot. He can use a spell checker and attempt to punctuate his sentences.
Lastly, he can just stop posting. It matters not to me what he chooses.
His postings are merely an indication of a much larger problem that we as a
country are facing. Your defense of his actions contributes to the problem
every bit as much as the OP does. While I do not agree, at least you present
your position in an intelligent and adult manner, therefore it is worthy of
considerations and debate. We all share a responsibility in this great
society that we call America. When there is a problem that threatens the
very fabric of our country, it is our duty to recognize it, to point it out,
to debate it and hopefully correct it. The longer we allow our educational
system to pump out individuals who perform at the level of the OP, we run
the threat of our country becoming a third rate power with no intellectual
base upon which to compete with the rest of the world. I do not expect
every student that graduates high school to be a Nobel prize winning
laureate, but they should at least be able to form a complete sentence
composed of words that are spelled correctly. The mere fact that we allow
individuals like to OP to graduate with his obvious lack of skills is wrong.
It is wrong for the OP, because he is doomed to being treated like an idiot,
because he portrays himself as such. Because we allow him to graduate
without making any effort to learn anything, he can never contribute
anything meaningful back to society. He becomes a burden, because he can't
compete for the jobs that are available because he can't fill out an
application. You can follow where this is going.

I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time that we
stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of school and then turn
them loose on society behaving like the OP did. We owe it to them, and we
owe it to ourselves.

Bobby
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 7:54:41 PM

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and
> get at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to
> spell correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am
> old enough to remember that the American education system would not
> allow someone with your limited functionality graduate. It is indeed
> sad that you can present yourself in such a public forum in the
> fashion that you have and not feel any embarrassment.
>
> It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you
> look ignorant.
> How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present
> yourself in such a negative way?
>
> I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
> punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
> contractions/abbreviations.
> I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing
> for us to read it.
>
> Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the
> waistband of your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have
> some strange muscular disease. That will complete the image of
> yourself that you have projected here.
>
> Bobby
>
> (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to
> agree with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words are
> spelled correctly).

Thanks for saving me a job! ;o) <eg> My RSI needs as much rest as it can
get!

May 6, 2005 8:08:10 PM

Kerry Brown wrote:
> "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
>> First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and
>> get at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to
>> spell correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am
>> old enough to remember that the American education system would not
>> allow someone with your limited functionality graduate. It is
>> indeed sad that you can present yourself in such a public forum in
>> the fashion that you have and not feel any embarrassment.
>>
>> It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you
>> look ignorant.
>> How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present
>> yourself in such a negative way?
>>
>> I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
>> punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
>> contractions/abbreviations.
>>
>> I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing
>> for us to read it.
>>
>> Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the
>> waistband of your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have
>> some strange muscular disease. That will complete the image of
>> yourself that you have projected here.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to
>> agree with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words
>> are spelled correctly).
>>

> Is there a literacy test needed to purchase a computer now?

No, but there damned well should be! If people post to a group where the
language is English then they should expect to be criticised if their posts
make no sense whatsoever. If English wasn't his language, then he should
have said so or, better yet, posted to a group in his native language
(which, seeing as he's in Canada, could possibly be French). He could have
searched the group for five seconds seen all these posts in a language that
wasn't his own and gone to find a group that was - his problem not ours. If
he wants to post in an English-speaking group he should post in a manner
that would render his posts understood. If he does not, or cannot, do so,
then he will be ridiculed.

Do you feel you are somehow superior because you had a better education?

Yes. To have a poor command of one's own native tongue shows ignorance and
stupidity.

> Travel the world a bit. You'll find there are a great deal of
> intelligent people who haven't had the opportunity to receive a
> decent education.

Sorry, I disagree. The OP is obviously literate because he managed to find
this group and post. Therefore, his intelligence has to be called into
question. He's either retarded or lazy, and I know which my money's on. He's
probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time hanging
out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends. You know
one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world? SMS. Kids are
so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy xst. They may
learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because of their mobiles.

The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
> doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
> OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
> marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.

They should post to a group in their native language then. They post here -
yes we do.

May 6, 2005 8:08:11 PM

> [...]
> this group and post. Therefore, his intelligence has to be called into
> question. He's either retarded or lazy, and I know which my money's on.
> He's probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time
> hanging out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends.
> You know one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world?
> SMS. Kids are so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy
> xst. They may learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because
> of their mobiles.
>
> The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
>> doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
>> OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
>> marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.
>
> They should post to a group in their native language then. They post

I don't like the current trend to abbreviating the English language either.
That doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume someone who does
so is mentally challenged. Language evolves. Try listening to some Chaucer
read the way it was spoken in his lifetime. Read A Clockwork Orange. Travel
to England and listen to many of the different ways English can be spoken. I
deplore the way English is taught in our school systems but that is not the
fault of the students. Just because we have a rather homogenous version of
English here in North America don't make it necessarily right :-)

These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.

Kerry
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:08:12 PM

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
news:o mHMPClUFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>>

>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>

> I don't like the current trend to abbreviating the English language
> either. That doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume someone
> who does so is mentally challenged. Language evolves. Try listening to
> some Chaucer read the way it was spoken in his lifetime. Read A Clockwork
> Orange. Travel to England and listen to many of the different ways English
> can be spoken. I deplore the way English is taught in our school systems
> but that is not the fault of the students. Just because we have a rather
> homogenous version of English here in North America don't make it
> necessarily right :-)
>
> These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
> skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.

Kerry;

I cannot believe that you would use Chaucer or Kubrick to defend the OP.
If you truly understood what Chaucer and Kubrick wrote, you would understand
that they were condemning the exact same thing that the OP was doing. I
suggest you read Clockwork Orange again. You will see the metaphor for what
is happening today. Many great minds have grappled with this
problem...Shakespeare, Orwell, Ovid. To list them all would be time
consuming. The point is that the OP is lazy and presents himself in a
fashion that we as a society should not condone.

In the end, I guess we will merely have to agree to disagree. I can never
support the liberal agenda,...I love this wonderful country too much to
allow that.

Bobby
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:08:13 PM

> [...]
>> because we have a rather homogenous version of English here in North
>> America don't make it necessarily right :-)
>>
>> These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
>> skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.
>>
>> Kerry
>>

> Kerry;
>
> I cannot believe that you would use Chaucer or Kubrick to defend the OP.
> If you truly understood what Chaucer and Kubrick wrote, you would
> understand that they were condemning the exact same thing that the OP was
> doing. I suggest you read Clockwork Orange again. You will see the
> metaphor for what is happening today. Many great minds have grappled with
> this problem...Shakespeare, Orwell, Ovid. To list them all would be time
> consuming. The point is that the OP is lazy and presents himself in a
> fashion that we as a society should not condone.

We obviously differ on our interpetation of A Clockwork Orange, which was
written by Anthony Burgess. He was a noted amateur linguist who also wrote
many essays on how languages evolve. Kubrick made a very good movie based on
his book. The movie is often interpeted differently from the book. I was
using Chaucer as an example of how English has evolved over the years. There
are recordings of modern day scholars reading his work as they think it
sounded in his time. It sounds more like German than English and takes
several listenings to understand it.

> In the end, I guess we will merely have to agree to disagree. I can never
> support the liberal agenda,...I love this wonderful country too much to
> allow that.
>
> Bobby

Your country has nothing to do with language and how it evolves. The liberal
agenda has nothing to do with language. How many Spanish words are now in
generally accepted as correct American English? Your prejudices are showing.
If you read my post you would realise that I don't like the way English is
evolving either. I agree with your other post that the North American
education system is deplorable. I also agree with your assessment that the
OP is restricting his employment options by using the English language this
way. All this has nothing to do with the OP's question. Berating someone in
a public forum on the basis of you not liking the way they use English is
childish.

Kerry
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:08:14 PM

> [...]
>
>> In the end, I guess we will merely have to agree to disagree. I can
>> never support the liberal agenda,...I love this wonderful country too
>> much to allow that.
>>
>> Bobby
>>

> Your country has nothing to do with language and how it evolves. The
> liberal agenda has nothing to do with language. How many Spanish words are
> now in generally accepted as correct American English? Your prejudices are
> showing. If you read my post you would realise that I don't like the way
> English is evolving either. I agree with your other post that the North
> American education system is deplorable. I also agree with your assessment
> that the OP is restricting his employment options by using the English
> language this way. All this has nothing to do with the OP's question.
> Berating someone in a public forum on the basis of you not liking the way

The point you should understand is that we have to start somewhere. If we
hope to correct the problems that allow our children to enter society in
such a disgusting sate as the OP, then we cannot allow it on *ANY* level.
The liberal agenda has everything to do with it. The liberal agenda tells
parents not to correct their children...not to teach children that they are
part of a society and there are norms and expectations that must be met.
The liberal agenda says "Don't scold your child ... you'll scar his psyche".
They say "Don't spank your child...you'll damage him psychologically". It is
all BS. We turn little ignorant tyrants loose on the society that have no
concept of what it means to be a part of a society...they think they can do
and act as they please. Someone, somewhere, sometime has to be adult
enough, strong enough and brave enough to say it's wrong to allow these
little cretins to act and be they way they are.

I have been fortunate to raise three wonderful children...a Veterinarian,
an Engineer who is designing air and spacecraft, and a very talented
Mathematician. I would not allow them to be lazy. I did not demand
miracles from them, I merely required that they apply themselves to their
studies and not waste the opportunity that an education could afford them.
Not only did they not waste the opportunity, they embraced it. As a result,
they are now giving back to the society which gave them the opportunity to
achieve. The OP obviously has squandered what investment society made in
him, and deserves to be taken to task for it. He is not incapable of
coherent communication, just too lazy to do so. We do not have to accept
laziness. We owe it to those who are like the OP to do whatever we can to
bring them up to a level where they are at least not a drain on society.

As a side question, with no intent of offending you, Kerry; how would you
feel if one of your children posted the original thread? If you do not have
children, what if was your brother, or you father? Would it bother you that
everyone who read his post would come to the conclusion that he was an
idiot? Would you in that case discuss it with them in hopes of helping? I
pointed it out so that the OP would know how poorly he projected himself,
and the lack of respect that his post would garner. If he for even a moment
was offended enough to consider trying to not post such garbage, then my
post was not in vain (from my viewpoint),

Kerry, I wish we could sit and have coffee together...You seem like the kind
of person who would enjoy a good debate without reducing it to tirades and
insults. I respect your viewpoints, and hope that in turn you can at least
seem the point I wish to make. The mere fact that you and I can continue
this thread without fear of persecution is at least a hopeful sign. I fear
we have digressed from the intent of my original post and that this thread
should die.

I look forward to your future postings.

Bobby
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:08:15 PM

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
news:o 8yCQWoUFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> [...]
> you that everyone who read his post would come to the conclusion that he
> was an idiot? Would you in that case discuss it with them in hopes of
> helping? I pointed it out so that the OP would know how poorly he
> projected himself, and the lack of respect that his post would garner. If
> he for even a moment was offended enough to consider trying to not post
> such garbage, then my post was not in vain (from my viewpoint),
>
> Kerry, I wish we could sit and have coffee together...You seem like the
> kind of person who would enjoy a good debate without reducing it to
> tirades and insults. I respect your viewpoints, and hope that in turn you
> can at least seem the point I wish to make. The mere fact that you and I
> can continue this thread without fear of persecution is at least a hopeful
> sign. I fear we have digressed from the intent of my original post and

I enjoy debating you as well. We don't agree but we respect each other's
opinion. That's what life in general should be about. If more people
practiced it the world would be a much better place.

As far as my children, I don't have any. My partner has three wonderful
young adult children and one grandson. I didn't know her at the time but
when they were growing up she was firm but never hit or belittled them. They
are excellent examples of how people should behave. Unfortunately, to my
dismay they use what I call MSN speak when writing casually. They are well
educated, have good jobs, and when writing essays for university are very
articulate. When writing casually on the internet they use MSN speak. It is
how languages work. Do you use thee and thou in your writing? What they are
doing is accepted as normal by their generation.

I don't agree there is an organized liberal agenda any more than an
organized conservative agenda. The vast majority of people are somewhere in
between. There are a few lunatics at either end of the spectrum who often
get quoted as spokespeople for the left or right but in reality no one pays
them much attention. At least that's how it works here in Canada. Things do
seem a little more polarised in the US.

Kerry
May 7, 2005 1:15:55 AM

--
Mike Pawlak
> [...]
He's
> probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time
hanging
> out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends. You
know
> one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world? SMS. Kids
are
> so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy xst. They may
> learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because of their
mobiles.

> The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
> > doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
> > OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
> > marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.
>
> They should post to a group in their native language then. They post

May 7, 2005 3:33:27 AM

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> [...]
> words that are spelled correctly. The mere fact that we allow
> individuals like to OP to graduate with his obvious lack of skills is
> wrong. It is wrong for the OP, because he is doomed to being treated
> like an idiot, because he portrays himself as such. Because we allow
> him to graduate without making any effort to learn anything, he can
> never contribute anything meaningful back to society. He becomes a
> burden, because he can't compete for the jobs that are available
> because he can't fill out an application. You can follow where this
> is going.
> I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time
> that we stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of
> school and then turn them loose on society behaving like the OP did. We
> owe it to them, and we owe it to ourselves.

Bobby,

I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.

Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?

"United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of society..." (and I
can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a typo).

It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...

May 7, 2005 3:33:28 AM

> [...]
>> never contribute anything meaningful back to society. He becomes a
>> burden, because he can't compete for the jobs that are available
>> because he can't fill out an application. You can follow where this
>> is going.
>> I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time
>> that we stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of
>> school and then turn them loose on society behaving like the OP did. We
>> owe it to them, and we owe it to ourselves.
>>
>> Bobby
>
> Bobby,
>
> I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.
>

> Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?
>
> "United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of society..." (and
> I can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a typo).
>
> It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...

Are you disputing the allegation or something else?

May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the newsgroups he
frequented.

Bobby
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 5:54:51 AM

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> [...]
>>> can follow where this is going.
>>> I respect what you said, but I also stand by my posts. It is time
>>> that we stop allowing our children to float through 12 years of
>>> school and then turn them loose on society behaving like the OP
>>> did. We owe it to them, and we owe it to ourselves.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>
>> Bobby,
>>
>> I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.
>>

>> Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?
>>
>> "United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of
>> society..." (and I can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a
>> typo). It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...
>>
>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>

> Are you disputing the allegation or something else?
>
> May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the

Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
'...is losing it's...'

Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar and
spelling are impeccable.

As for Alex, he had cancer, buddy; on his liver, IIRC.

May 7, 2005 5:54:52 AM

> NoNoBadDog! wrote:
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

>>> Bobby,
>>>
>>> I hate to pull you up but you're making yourself a hypocrite.
>>>

>>> Can you tell me what's wrong with this statement?
>>>
>>> "United States is losing it's dominance in ever sector of
>>> society..." (and I can overlook the missing 'y' from 'every' as a
>>> typo). It's an almost forgivable error, but it's an error nonetheless...
>>>
>>> --
>>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>>

>> Are you disputing the allegation or something else?
>>
>> May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the
>> newsgroups he frequented.
>>
>> Bobby
>
> Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
> it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
> '...is losing it's...'
>
> Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar
> and spelling are impeccable.
>
> As for Alex, he had cancer, buddy; on his liver, IIRC.
>

> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

You are correct. I used a contraction completely out of context. I must be
more careful in the future, lest I again fall upon my own sword. My
apologies to you and the gentle readers who have chosen to follow this
meandering thread. I stand corrected and thank you for pointing it out.

I pray that Alex did not find much discomfort at the end of his battle with
cancer. I did not know Mr. Nichol personally, but still his passing causes
me a certain sadness...his wisdom and style will be sorely missed.

I am off to enjoy a bottle or three of Sam Adams.

Cheers!

Bobby
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 5:54:52 AM

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote:

>Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
>it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
>'...is losing it's...'
>
>Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar and
>spelling are impeccable.

As an English major, how would you punctuate the following to make it
a sentence:

"a woman without her man is nothing"

I say, "A woman, without her man, is nothing."
My wife says, "A woman; without her, man is nothing." :)
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 5:54:53 AM

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> NoNoBadDog! wrote:
>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

>>> Are you disputing the allegation or something else?
>>>
>>> May I ask what happened to Alex? He is missed by many in the
>>> newsgroups he frequented.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>
>> Not at all. It's something grammatical within the phrase quoted (actually
>> it's more a case of misplaced punctuation). Pay particular attention to
>> '...is losing it's...'
>>
>> Sorry, I was an English major. Apart from that your punctuation, grammar
>> and spelling are impeccable.
>>
>> As for Alex, he had cancer, buddy; on his liver, IIRC.
>>

>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>

> You are correct. I used a contraction completely out of context. I must
> be more careful in the future, lest I again fall upon my own sword. My
> apologies to you and the gentle readers who have chosen to follow this
> meandering thread. I stand corrected and thank you for pointing it out.
>
> I pray that Alex did not find much discomfort at the end of his battle
> with cancer. I did not know Mr. Nichol personally, but still his passing
> causes me a certain sadness...his wisdom and style will be sorely missed.
>
> I am off to enjoy a bottle or three of Sam Adams.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Bobby

Have one for me. I enjoyed the discussion. If we ever do get together for a
coffee and a debate I like Americano's, but please not Starbucks.

Kerry
June 29, 2005 6:50:59 PM

> [...]
He's
> probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his time
hanging
> out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate, friends. You
know
> one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world? SMS. Kids
are
> so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy xst. They may
> learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because of their
mobiles.

> The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
> > doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
> > OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
> > marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.
>
> They should post to a group in their native language then. They post

When judgement day comes folks I feel sorry for each and everyone of you!!!!

PEACE!!

George
June 29, 2005 6:52:02 PM

> [...]
> >

> I don't like the current trend to abbreviating the English language
either.
> That doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume someone who
does
> so is mentally challenged. Language evolves. Try listening to some Chaucer
> read the way it was spoken in his lifetime. Read A Clockwork Orange.
Travel
> to England and listen to many of the different ways English can be spoken.
> deplore the way English is taught in our school systems but that is not
the
> fault of the students. Just because we have a rather homogenous version of
> English here in North America don't make it necessarily right :-)
>
> These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
> skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.

Amen and Amen!!!!
June 29, 2005 7:55:56 PM

> "cojin" <cojin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok i tried chaging the resolution font size scrren size i tried changin
> > everything nothin works all my icons r big my text my task bar exc
>
> There are a few possibilities that may be causing your problem. You don't
> give us much information. Two of the most likely are:
>
> 1) Got to the display properties. Click on the Appearance tab. Click on
the
> Effects button. Make sure there isn't a check mark beside Use large icons.
>
> 2) Again in the display properties. Click on the Themes tab. Choose either
> the Windows XP or Windows Classic theme.
>
> Let us know if either of these tips fix the problem.
>
> Kerry

After criticizing the heck out of this guy do you think for one minute he is
still reading this? If you do, along with all of your responses including
everyone in here who criticized the OP, I doubt that he/she cares what you
tell them.

I will be praying for each one of you judgemental people. Wait a minute
since you all seem to be everyone's Savior then I guess if I pray I will be
praying to you? NOT!!!

George
!