Sign in with
Your question

Radeon X800 Pro Anti-Aliasing question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 22, 2004 4:32:11 AM

I recently got a new PC, which included the X800 Pro. I'm loving it so far, but I have a question/issue with the Anti-Aliasing. When I go to Display Properties -> Advanced -> 3D tab, I'm not sure what to choose for the Anti-Aliasing setting under "Custom".

When I leave it on "Application Preference", some older games have a good amount of jaggies. If I uncheck Application Preference and crank it up to 6X (the maximum), the edges of the screen when I start a game up (namely Final Fantasy XI and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow) get really bright for some reason, and I still notice some jaggies. What's the best setting to leave it on? Thanks in advance.
July 22, 2004 6:19:54 PM

Anyone?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2004 7:20:30 PM

"Application Preference" Will let the app/game choose what setting of AA it will use. Now older game didnt support that so they dont apply any form of AA thats why you get some jagged edges.

Now newer game might try to put some AA if you put image quality to High/superhigh whatever so if you specify some AA with the driver and the game try to add some AA afterwards it can give some weird results.

Solution: use profiles so you specify what settings to use for this particular game/app so you do it only once...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, Leadtek FX5900 w/ FX5950U bios@500/1000, 2X30gig Raid0
!