MSDOS startup disks and XP

I'm trying to play some old DOS games but I can't access them through XP
or the Command Prompt and when I try to use a startup disk the disk
doesn't even get looked at.

Can someone tell me if it's possible and how do I access these programs?

Justin
3 answers Last reply
More about msdos startup disks

    XP doesn't have MS-DOS. Then it is likely that these programs don't run under XP.

    "Qwerty" <schachmal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to play some old DOS games but I can't access them through XP
    > or the Command Prompt and when I try to use a startup disk the disk
    > doesn't even get looked at.
    >
    > Can someone tell me if it's possible and how do I access these programs?
    >
    > Justin

    If the games are genuinely DOS games, then you might be able to boot to DOS
    using a DOS disk from www.bootdisk.com and then run it.

    Brian.

    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    "Qwerty" <schachmal@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    <<snip>>
    and when I try to use a startup disk the disk doesn't even get looked at.
    <<snip>>
    Justin

    By this, do you mean you're using a true DOS boot disk (floppy)? If so,
    check in your bios setup that floppy is configured as a bootable device,
    before the hard drive.

    Val

Windows XP MS-DOS Microsoft Command Prompt