XP Boot up Crash!

Just basically for everyones knowledge but would help me also, when XP Pro is
booting up it crashes just after the loading screen and restarting
automatically, i think this is because i turned power off without shutting
down and basically formatted HDD and it was ok again, safe mode doesnt work
nor does last known good config. anyone know how to get round this problem
WITHout having to format? cheers

The behaviour you describe is exactly what happens when XP encounters a BSOD
(Blue Screen Of Death) on loading. The problem is that XP's default
behaviour is to auto-reboot on encountering a BSOD, so you can never read
what it is!

The only two real options available are:

1 - Try and boot into Safe Mode from the Boot Options menu (press F8 once
the POST screen vanished to access the boot options menu)

2 - Boot from your XP installation CD and choose to run the Recovery
Console. On entering the console (which is just a DOS prompt) enter "chkdsk
/r" (minus the quotes). This will perform a full check on your hard drive
for errors.

If those two options don't work, hope you've got your data either backed up
or stored on a different partition coz it's format time :-(

"J-Dee" wrote:

> Just basically for everyones knowledge but would help me also, when XP Pro is
> booting up it crashes just after the loading screen and restarting
> automatically, i think this is because i turned power off without shutting
> down and basically formatted HDD and it was ok again, safe mode doesnt work
> nor does last known good config. anyone know how to get round this problem
> WITHout having to format? cheers

Cheers DragonBlane but tried them, even tried changing IDE, graphics and
power unit. so format sounds only option, JUST FOR EVERY! OUT THERE---- BACK
UPPPP