Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter o..

Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter or other way?
4
answers
Last reply
More about connect nintendo monitor ther adapter

    Do, what? Let me see here... OK first Nintendo uses Inverted video so you
    will need a converter for that, then there is the whole 15Khz an 31 Khz
    differance. so buy a Ultimarc Arcade VGA card and set it to 15 Khz.
    Now for the really dumd question, Why the heck would you even want to do
    that? MAME maybe?
    If that is your answer look seriously into AdvancedMAME
    it has a standard arcade monitor config built right in all you really need
    then is a ATI vid card and hack some wires together.
    "Youknow" <friend@some.com> wrote in message
    > Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter or other way?

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 23:44:50 -0500, "Darren and Shelly Anderson"
    <darren@gondtc.com> wrote:

    >Do, what? Let me see here... OK first Nintendo uses Inverted video so you
    >will need a converter for that, then there is the whole 15Khz an 31 Khz
    >differance. so buy a Ultimarc Arcade VGA card and set it to 15 Khz.
    >Now for the really dumd question, Why the heck would you even want to do
    >that? MAME maybe?
    >If that is your answer look seriously into AdvancedMAME
    >it has a standard arcade monitor config built right in all you really need
    >then is a ATI vid card and hack some wires together.
    >"Youknow" <friend@some.com> wrote in message
    >> Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter or other way?

    Yes, exactly, I'd be using MAME most likely, and the red tent VS
    system is all I have, so I'd like to get to play other VS games on the
    machine if nothing else....

    If your going to make it a mame cab (a red tent is just a stupid nes in
    a cab IMHO) pull the montiors out, sell them to some one else who wants
    these nintendo montiors and then buy suitable replacements (or even
    computer montiors)and use the advancemame/mame soultion.

    The red tents should really be used for much cooler games anyhow. It
    would especially be neat to split the signal to the 2 monitors for 2
    player VS. games.(feasable but kind of a PITA)

    Playchoice and red tents don't really belong in arcade honestly. They
    never really were arcade games in the first place. And that timer was
    uber lame too.

    -isaac

    BTW,Before people flame me for recommending such a sacreligious
    endeavor, This is only one of the few times I will recommend
    desecrating a dedicated cabinet.

Games Connection Video Monitors Nintendo Video Games