Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter o..

Last response: in Video Games
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2005 1:17:47 AM

Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter or other way?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2005 3:44:50 AM

Do, what? Let me see here... OK first Nintendo uses Inverted video so you
will need a converter for that, then there is the whole 15Khz an 31 Khz
differance. so buy a Ultimarc Arcade VGA card and set it to 15 Khz.
Now for the really dumd question, Why the heck would you even want to do
that? MAME maybe?
If that is your answer look seriously into AdvancedMAME
it has a standard arcade monitor config built right in all you really need
then is a ATI vid card and hack some wires together.
"Youknow" <friend@some.com> wrote in message
> Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter or other way?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2005 10:18:45 PM

On Mon, 2 May 2005 23:44:50 -0500, "Darren and Shelly Anderson"
<darren@gondtc.com> wrote:

>Do, what? Let me see here... OK first Nintendo uses Inverted video so you
>will need a converter for that, then there is the whole 15Khz an 31 Khz
>differance. so buy a Ultimarc Arcade VGA card and set it to 15 Khz.
>Now for the really dumd question, Why the heck would you even want to do
>that? MAME maybe?
>If that is your answer look seriously into AdvancedMAME
>it has a standard arcade monitor config built right in all you really need
>then is a ATI vid card and hack some wires together.
>"Youknow" <friend@some.com> wrote in message
>> Connect Nintendo VS. monitor to a pc? is ther an adapter or other way?

Yes, exactly, I'd be using MAME most likely, and the red tent VS
system is all I have, so I'd like to get to play other VS games on the
machine if nothing else....
a b C Monitor
May 4, 2005 5:57:28 AM

If your going to make it a mame cab (a red tent is just a stupid nes in
a cab IMHO) pull the montiors out, sell them to some one else who wants
these nintendo montiors and then buy suitable replacements (or even
computer montiors)and use the advancemame/mame soultion.

The red tents should really be used for much cooler games anyhow. It
would especially be neat to split the signal to the 2 monitors for 2
player VS. games.(feasable but kind of a PITA)

Playchoice and red tents don't really belong in arcade honestly. They
never really were arcade games in the first place. And that timer was
uber lame too.

-isaac
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 4, 2005 6:20:24 AM

BTW,Before people flame me for recommending such a sacreligious
endeavor, This is only one of the few times I will recommend
desecrating a dedicated cabinet.
!