Boot Up Failing Sledge Hammer poised !!!!

May 6, 2005 10:04:02 AM

I have a problem with my system not being able to boot up into nothing even
safe.
The machine came with XP Home from the store and I can not find the orig CD
for XP. I have got a freinds copy but will it work as the key is not going to
be the same as the orig install. All I want to do is boot up to fix the
problem and save files and dat so I can do a new install.....
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 10:31:37 PM

A new install...with what?? you cant find your XP CD!!
Your Friends copy would work for you to repair XP...its part of the setup
precedure you just have to read all of the screens it will show.......but
you will not be able to activate it and therefore it will only run for 30
days and then your back to square one.
So go and buy your own retail copy and use that to do the repair and
activate it at the same time.
A repair installation will only repair XP it will not change any of the
other programs you have on the HD.
peterk

-- "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

!