Problem when installing Windows XP

I have a serious problem when I want to install Windows XP Pro to my old
computer. It originally can run WinXP Pro well but suddenly this week. the XP
can't boot. As a result, I reinstall windows to my old machine. Nevertheless,
when setup is inspecting the hardware, a error message show up 'An unexpected
error (301992518) occured at line 1768 in d:\xpsp1\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.
Press any key to continue' I have tried many times but it is still showing
the message. Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

Thank you very much

Old computer? Does it meet the requirements?

Clean off your install CD and reseat your memory or remove a chip and try
the install, if it fails try the other chip.

Stand alone memory test
http://www.memtest86.com/