ok...obvious question but i hope you can help?!

im a school teacher so im off work for 2 weeks...some spare time on my hands
now...

ive been playing champ manager since 1997...in its various forms...

i tried cm4 and found it too finicky and picky...and too detailed!!!...so i
have stuck with my faithful 01/02 for the last few years...
updated it this year with the samjusk(sp)...data so its still quite cool to
play and i have a cpl of very long saved games which i alternate between
too!!

so the big question.....
i want to buy A NEW GAME......got my spare days to dabble and enjoy....
so.....Champ manager 5 of Football manager 2005????
this question will have been debated TONS of times...but i wanted a sort of
straight answer......
so far.....Football Manager is similar to CM4 (which i wasnt a fan of)...so
im sort of put off that one......
Champ manager 5 has had a lot of bad press in this newsgroup so that too is
putting me off.....
ive read that cm5 is a lot more faithful to the earlier versions (like 01/02
which im still enjoying playing)
any help would be appreciated as to which one to buy!
cheers
mark

mighell35 wrote:
> im a school teacher so im off work for 2 weeks...some spare time on my hands
> now...
>
> ive been playing champ manager since 1997...in its various forms...
>
> i tried cm4 and found it too finicky and picky...and too detailed!!!...so i
> have stuck with my faithful 01/02 for the last few years...
> updated it this year with the samjusk(sp)...data so its still quite cool to
> play and i have a cpl of very long saved games which i alternate between
> too!!
>
> so the big question.....
> i want to buy A NEW GAME......got my spare days to dabble and enjoy....
> so.....Champ manager 5 of Football manager 2005????
> this question will have been debated TONS of times...but i wanted a sort of
> straight answer......
> so far.....Football Manager is similar to CM4 (which i wasnt a fan of)...so
> im sort of put off that one......
> Champ manager 5 has had a lot of bad press in this newsgroup so that too is
> putting me off.....
> ive read that cm5 is a lot more faithful to the earlier versions (like 01/02
> which im still enjoying playing)
> any help would be appreciated as to which one to buy!
> cheers
> mark

Fm is more complicated, but also much "better" when it comes to getting
the matches "right". It`s supposed to be more real, it has more players,
more teams, more leagues. More advanced options etc etc. Cm5 is easier
and more of a "light" version. I would suggest you get "Total Club
Manager" instead of Cm5 if you don`t like FM (get a demo...). Anyway, if
you got 01-02, you don`t need cm5....

Sunhill

> so the big question.....
> i want to buy A NEW GAME......got my spare days to dabble and
> enjoy.... so.....Champ manager 5 of Football manager 2005????

The obvious answer is Fm05.

"mighell35" <mighell35@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> im a school teacher so im off work for 2 weeks...some spare time on my
hands
> now...
>
> ive been playing champ manager since 1997...in its various forms...
>
> i tried cm4 and found it too finicky and picky...and too detailed!!!...so
> have stuck with my faithful 01/02 for the last few years...

you can play in text-only mode, it's not that much detailed, you'll get
media stuff, but you can ignore it cause it's rare.