"Cannot find NTFS" message when booting

void

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001

I stared out by installing an older drive from my win 98 computer to my win
XP pro. used the disk manger to format the fat 32 deive to NTFS. the
computer worked fine until the next time I tried to boot. after "verifying
DMI pool Data", I get a "cannot find NTFS" message and nothing else hapens.

Ive tried booting windows from cd rom to place install, but my computer
keeps locking up before it finnishs coppying the files. Is there a way to
format my system partition and begin again with a fresh instal? Or is there
an easier solution?

thank you in advance.

Morffeeus16@hotmail.com

Did you set the jumpers on the two drives as master and slave accordingly?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"VoiD" <VoiD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I stared out by installing an older drive from my win 98 computer to my win
> XP pro. used the disk manger to format the fat 32 deive to NTFS. the
> computer worked fine until the next time I tried to boot. after
> "verifying
> DMI pool Data", I get a "cannot find NTFS" message and nothing else
> hapens.
>
> Ive tried booting windows from cd rom to place install, but my computer
> keeps locking up before it finnishs coppying the files. Is there a way to
> format my system partition and begin again with a fresh instal? Or is
> there
> an easier solution?
>
> thank you in advance.
>
> Morffeeus16@hotmail.com

void

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001

yup, the drive has actuall been in my comp for a while, but Ive been haveing
problems running programs between my Win XP partition and the drive that was
still FAT32. by the way, some of the problem im having getting XP
reinstalled is the keyboard becomes disabled shortly after I have an option
to pick, so I have to restart and hope I hit the keys quick enough.
wondering if anyone else has this problem.