Windows logon takes ages while PC does nothing

When I start my PC, everything goes fine, until Windows XP comes up with
a window that says "Windows is being started..." (my winows is german
and says "windows wird gestartet..." but I assume my translationis
correct). Normaly it says that for a few seconds and then the window
changes, asking for your username and password. The problem is, that
this takes way more than one minute, and in the meanwhile, my PC does
nothing (the harddrive isnt doing anything). After that the system
works fine. I installed bootvis and did a bootrecord, what showed me,
that "Logon+Service" took over 100 seconds.
I find this very annoying, can any body help me?

Thanks
Benni

P.S: I just did a major hardware change (Athlon XP 2400+ , 512mb Ram->
AThlon 64 3500+, 1024mb Ram) and had to use the repair function on the
windows setup. The error didn't occur before.

--
Bennih
Bennih's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1020

It's very likely to be a problem with corruption in the default logon profile. (perhaps others too) and you could try creating a new
profile, and copying over the data, for each, to see if it helped.
811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509