DriverHeaven puts the CoolFX GF6800U vs X800XTPE

Actually quite surprising, even the overclock of the CoolFX doesn't help the GF6800U match the X800XTPE. Interesting that they are using the ATI Catalyst 4.8beta drivers, but not the recently released WHQL nV drivers (61.76) Amazingly different results in Thief3 (which used to be a reason NOT to buy an ATI due to it's issues with the game).

<A HREF="http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/6800andX800XT/index.htm" target="_new">http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/6800andX800XT/index.htm</A>

Considering neither card is really all that available it's all theory because by the time you can get one there'll be another dirver candidate out.

None the less quite surprising results.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
any idea if one can get hold of those ATI drivers ?

<i> :eek: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :eek: </i>

pauldh

Illustrious
Wow, those 4.8's are looking good! Both in the speed boost and the comment about observed flawless IQ. Hope both hold true by the time it's an offical release.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

I like the flash benchies!

<font color=blue><font color=red>Milk</font color=red> my <font color=red>ass</font color=red>, and call me <font color=red>Nancy</font color=red>!</font color=blue>

Yeah they're not bad. Sometmes it takes a while for them to download, or they refresh while you're comparing, but they are a nice touch.

As for the drivers, no go so far.

The Mod at Rage 3D even closed my thread. :lol:

Oh well, it just would have been nice to do the benchmarking now when I have the time.

Oh well gonna grab a shower and go watch Bourne.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: