Tech: Centipede

I just picked up a working centipede board recently for my centipede
cocktail cabinet. Can I just plug it in even if if it came out of an
upright cabinet? I heard centipede/millipede didn't have dip switch
settings for this and that it was a pin in the wiring harness that
determined upright or cocktail. I just want to be sure so that I
won't damage the pcb Thanks......
2 answers Last reply
More about tech centipede

    Usually the cocktail setting just means to turn the picture upside-down for
    player 2. Would not hurt anything, but check the manual anyway

    http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=7299

    <tonyd2084@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I just picked up a working centipede board recently for my centipede
    > cocktail cabinet. Can I just plug it in even if if it came out of an
    > upright cabinet? I heard centipede/millipede didn't have dip switch
    > settings for this and that it was a pin in the wiring harness that
    > determined upright or cocktail. I just want to be sure so that I
    > won't damage the pcb Thanks......

    <tonyd2084@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I just picked up a working centipede board recently for my centipede
    > cocktail cabinet. Can I just plug it in even if if it came out of an
    > upright cabinet? I heard centipede/millipede didn't have dip switch
    > settings for this and that it was a pin in the wiring harness that
    > determined upright or cocktail. I just want to be sure so that I
    > won't damage the pcb Thanks......

    You won't hurt a thing. Atari designed the _Centipede_ motherboard so that
    it will work in either an upright cabinet or a cocktail, and the board
    "knows" which type of cabinet it's in by a grounded wire in the cable
    harness. There's an input pin on the edge connector for just this purpose,
    and therefore no DIP switches need to be set. You can plug it right in with
    no worries.

    _Pac Man_ and _Ms. Pac Man_ do this, too. So do many other types of
    motherboards.

Games Video Video Games