Sign in with
Your question

RS400 WILL have DX9 IGP, not DX8.1

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 24, 2004 6:10:34 PM

Well it appears Anand got it wrong with their original road-map.

Now they are saying the RS400/480 will include an R9600non-pro graphics processor.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=213..." target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=213...;/A>

Also of interest, no AGP with that PCI-EX, but there is DDR + DDR2 support, so it's halfway there.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 

More about : rs400 dx9 igp dx8

July 24, 2004 6:23:03 PM

Is the ATi chipset for Intel or AMD architectures?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
July 24, 2004 6:59:30 PM

RS400 is for P4, and RS480 is for AMD64, IIRC.

The graphic they have on that page is for the RS400 with the Intel chips at the top.

Still liking VIA's solution with AGP + PCIe. Yes I know some of you hate VIA, but I still prefer that solution at this moment. However I will wiat for further details before picking MY winner. Still got a few months to go it seems.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
a b U Graphics card
July 24, 2004 11:13:41 PM

If you are going Socket 939, might as well wait for the cheaper CPU's to arrive. $460 is too much for the cheapest S939 chip. Looks like they plan a 3000+ and 3200+ too.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt
a b U Graphics card
July 25, 2004 3:38:16 AM

Well when they get here I'll worry about it, but the ABIT and ASUS boards out there right now running the Nforce3 250 SUCK!

So by the time I buy I'm sure they will be ok price wise, but none the less the 3500+ would do me fine for the time being. Plus I could just solder on a few bobby pins to my XP2000+ and slam that puppy in. :wink:

!