Cd Rom & DVD trouble

something is wrong with my Cdrom and DVD drive....I can view some stuff on
the DVD, but thinik those drives are corrupted...I put in a back up disk that
I normally read, but now I put it in the CD Rom drive and I get a message,
"please insert disk" even after I inserted it and I am unable to read the
back up disk. I then put in a photo disk, remove it and then when I go into
he cdrom drive WITHOUT ANY DISK IT IN, THE PHOTO SHOWS UP AND WHEN i TRY TO
DELETE IT, A MESSAGE SAYS,
A READ-ONLY DISK CANNOT BE DELETED... HELP
--
WEINZ

Byte

Reboot your PC and do it again.
--
Ask not what your Country can do for
you, but ask what you can do for your

"WEINZ" wrote:

> something is wrong with my Cdrom and DVD drive....I can view some stuff on
> the DVD, but thinik those drives are corrupted...I put in a back up disk that
> I normally read, but now I put it in the CD Rom drive and I get a message,
> "please insert disk" even after I inserted it and I am unable to read the
> back up disk. I then put in a photo disk, remove it and then when I go into
> he cdrom drive WITHOUT ANY DISK IT IN, THE PHOTO SHOWS UP AND WHEN i TRY TO
> DELETE IT, A MESSAGE SAYS,
> A READ-ONLY DISK CANNOT BE DELETED... HELP
> --
> WEINZ

WEINZ

"Byte" wrote:

> Reboot your PC and do it again.
> --
> Ask not what your Country can do for
> you, but ask what you can do for your
> Country. JFK
>

> "WEINZ" wrote:
>
> > something is wrong with my Cdrom and DVD drive....I can view some stuff on
> > the DVD, but thinik those drives are corrupted...I put in a back up disk that
> > I normally read, but now I put it in the CD Rom drive and I get a message,
> > "please insert disk" even after I inserted it and I am unable to read the
> > back up disk. I then put in a photo disk, remove it and then when I go into
> > he cdrom drive WITHOUT ANY DISK IT IN, THE PHOTO SHOWS UP AND WHEN i TRY TO
> > DELETE IT, A MESSAGE SAYS,
> > A READ-ONLY DISK CANNOT BE DELETED... HELP
> > --
> > WEINZ

Thank you for indicating a reboot...I tried it a few times and the problem
still exists. I have CD roms that came with the computer, Dell,XP...to list
them:
Application for reinstalling Dell Tools system software
contents-antivirus software,support software, multimedia software, internet
software-Drivers and Utilities,Dell Dimension resource CD.contents, device
drivers,diagnostic and utiliities, computer documentation....ALSo have power
DVD disk says "supported operating systems: windows XP, which I have...But
AFRAID TO INSTALL ANY OF THESE, BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
AND I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANYTHING ON MY HARD DRIVE AS I DO A LOT OF RESEARCH
ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR TRYING TO HELP MY BLIND SON.....ANY ADVICE WILL BE
APPRECIATED
--
WEINZ