Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

start up problem with XP

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 5:42:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

My lap top just messed up ... I can not turn it on it goes to a screen saying
unable to open windows file missing <windows root>\system32\hal.dll. so
what can I do?

More about : start problem

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 12:34:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330184
"Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows Could Not Start" Error Messages When You Start Your
Computer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is Missing or
Corrupt...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
How to Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477
Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
Configuration Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298898
How to Determine the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) That Is Used in Windows XP

Error Message: Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hal.dll
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm
Also see http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm for troubleshooting issues with HAL
(Hardware Abstraction Layer).


"Esco57" <Esco57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FB1412B3-5B96-41C3-BB96-885078707E6D@microsoft.com...
> My lap top just messed up ... I can not turn it on it goes to a screen saying
> unable to open windows file missing <windows root>\system32\hal.dll. so
> what can I do?
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 12:34:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I should also say that this is an older laptop and I have been having trouble
with my CD ROM drive. so I might not be able to use a CD to start up.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330184
> "Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows Could Not Start" Error Messages When You Start Your
> Computer
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
> Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is Missing or
> Corrupt...
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
> How to Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477
> Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
> Configuration Problem
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298898
> How to Determine the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) That Is Used in Windows XP
>
> Error Message: Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hal.dll
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm
> Also see http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm for troubleshooting issues with HAL
> (Hardware Abstraction Layer).
>
>
> "Esco57" <Esco57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FB1412B3-5B96-41C3-BB96-885078707E6D@microsoft.com...
> > My lap top just messed up ... I can not turn it on it goes to a screen saying
> > unable to open windows file missing <windows root>\system32\hal.dll. so
> > what can I do?
>
>
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 1:06:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314096
How to troubleshoot CD-ROM drive problems in Windows XP

or perhaps you may need a new CD Rom Drive.

"esco57" <esco57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:202FED99-8F16-4BA1-B498-81B301A46699@microsoft.com...
>I should also say that this is an older laptop and I have been having trouble
> with my CD ROM drive. so I might not be able to use a CD to start up.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330184
>> "Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows Could Not Start" Error Messages When You Start Your
>> Computer
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
>> Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is Missing or
>> Corrupt...
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-...
>> How to Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477
>> Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
>> Configuration Problem
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298898
>> How to Determine the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) That Is Used in Windows XP
>>
>> Error Message: Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hal.dll
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm
>> Also see http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm for troubleshooting issues with
>> HAL
>> (Hardware Abstraction Layer).
>>
>>
>> "Esco57" <Esco57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FB1412B3-5B96-41C3-BB96-885078707E6D@microsoft.com...
>> > My lap top just messed up ... I can not turn it on it goes to a screen saying
>> > unable to open windows file missing <windows root>\system32\hal.dll. so
>> > what can I do?
>>
>>
!