When, IF, I get my new Card....

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
How do I clear ATI drivers on my new rig for the new card. How do I clear NVIDIA drivers from my old rig so I can put an ATI card in it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

pauldh

Illustrious
I'd help, but you and I both know Gateway isn't going to ship our X800XTpe's this week. :wink:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
LOL, no I've one on order from Visiontek, their Xtasy X800XT PE. I'm gonna cancel the Gateway order. Visiontek says 2 to 4 weeks, that's plenty of time before Gateway (who can't seem to get out of their own way these days) get's their collective head's out of their a**es.

Thanks, I'd still appreciate the information...

David

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Run the Driver Cleaner utility, which can be downloaded <A HREF="http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/" target="_new">here</A>. Just make sure you read the directions included with the program, and make a restore point just in case. There are other utilities that do the same sort of thing, but this one seems to be the best.

pauldh

Illustrious
Oh, so you really do need to uninstall drivers then. I'll be all set for a while. :smile:

For ATI cards, I have always had good luck just uninstalling through control panel. Although using a driver cleaner after that is a good idea. For NV cards, I use control panel first and then detonator destroyer and/or other cleaners to get rid of them there nasties left behind.

SOme people will say to do a clean OS install. While you might gain a tiny percentage of performance doing this, it probably won't be needed. Only time I ever needed a OS reinstall was when trying to switch from MSI Nvidea drivers. For some reason those never uninstalled properly.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
best way

Format C:

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D