XP Reinstall Help me please as i'm going ga ga ga

hi, tried repair of xp home twice. Repair initiates reboot which kept
running as a loop. Tried repair again & same thing
Any suggestions how & why & also how can it be fixed.

If I choose a full xp install without formatting hard drive or uninstalling
the original, would I lose my original music / photos / documents folders?
Does it archive them, delete them or overwrite them?

So many questions, so many problems!
2 answers Last reply
More about reinstall

    Try booting to xp cd,select install xp,new copy,delete the partition,create
    one,then xp formats the hd and installs.Installing w/o the format usually
    will not work,and is a waste of time.Try running the file transfer wizard,set
    computer as old,put data in a new folder you create,then when its thru,move
    folder to cd.After new xp installation is thru,youre settings will be
    reconfigured
    from the wizard.Yes you'll loose all data for all users when xp formats.

    In news:BD28C084-66E8-449F-9542-35608074DF8D@microsoft.com,
    Diggerdoe <Diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> replied with a ;-)
    > hi, tried repair of xp home twice. Repair initiates reboot which kept
    > running as a loop. Tried repair again & same thing
    > Any suggestions how & why & also how can it be fixed.
    >
    > If I choose a full xp install without formatting hard drive or
    > uninstalling the original, would I lose my original music / photos /
    > documents folders? Does it archive them, delete them or overwrite
    > them?
    >
    > So many questions, so many problems!

    Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
    if using the web based newsgroup.
    Repair Install
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com