I don't know what happened, as I've been more consumed with eliminating a
nasty virus. However, my taskbar appears to be twice its normal size as if
I'd expanded it. I can further expand it upward to 3/4 the window size but I
can only reduce it down to its current double size or completely hide it. It
displays the Start button follwed by horizontal dots, the quick launch items
Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. It is then blank across to the
Notification Area where the time, day, date and other icons are in three rows
(whether hidden or not.) It is blank under the Start button. Another set of
horizontal dots (spacer/delimiter) is under the first set. Open IE windows
are then displayed, either singurlarly or stacked. I can achieve the look of
a single taskbar by unselecting the Quick Launch taskbar. IE windows will
then be displayed nicely next to the Start button and the Notification Area
(date, time etc.) will expand horizontally. The only problem then is I don't
have a Quick Launch taskbar and am unable to drag icons onto the "new" bar.
I have reviewed the many properties and display options and have tried
numerous things to no avail. Any ideas?

Cancel this request as I very fortunately stumbled upon the correction on
another post. Thanks for the help!

"SLaBelle" wrote:

> I don't know what happened, as I've been more consumed with eliminating a
> nasty virus. However, my taskbar appears to be twice its normal size as if
> I'd expanded it. I can further expand it upward to 3/4 the window size but I
> can only reduce it down to its current double size or completely hide it. It
> displays the Start button follwed by horizontal dots, the quick launch items
> Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. It is then blank across to the
> Notification Area where the time, day, date and other icons are in three rows
> (whether hidden or not.) It is blank under the Start button. Another set of
> horizontal dots (spacer/delimiter) is under the first set. Open IE windows
> are then displayed, either singurlarly or stacked. I can achieve the look of
> a single taskbar by unselecting the Quick Launch taskbar. IE windows will
> then be displayed nicely next to the Start button and the Notification Area
> (date, time etc.) will expand horizontally. The only problem then is I don't
> have a Quick Launch taskbar and am unable to drag icons onto the "new" bar.
> I have reviewed the many properties and display options and have tried
> numerous things to no avail. Any ideas?

Hi,

It sounds like you want to have the Quick Launch icons beside the
running programs in the Task Bar.
Correct me if I am not understanding your question.

If this is the case, use the handles (as you say horizontal dots) to
drag the QL toolbar into the normal taskbar. Then slide the taskbar to
a single height. Then right click on the taskbar and select "Lock the
taskbar".

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

SLaBelle wrote:
> I don't know what happened, as I've been more consumed
> with eliminating a nasty virus. However, my taskbar
> appears to be twice its normal size as if I'd expanded
> it. I can further expand it upward to 3/4 the window
> size but I can only reduce it down to its current double
> size or completely hide it. It displays the Start button
> follwed by horizontal dots, the quick launch items
> Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. It is then blank
> across to the Notification Area where the time, day, date
> and other icons are in three rows (whether hidden or
> not.) It is blank under the Start button. Another set of
> horizontal dots (spacer/delimiter) is under the first
> set. Open IE windows are then displayed, either
> singurlarly or stacked. I can achieve the look of a
> single taskbar by unselecting the Quick Launch taskbar.
> IE windows will then be displayed nicely next to the
> Start button and the Notification Area (date, time etc.)
> will expand horizontally. The only problem then is I
> don't have a Quick Launch taskbar and am unable to drag
> icons onto the "new" bar. I have reviewed the many
> properties and display options and have tried numerous
> things to no avail. Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS