Cannot delete a unsed user account

Hi,

I have three accounts on my computer, and I do not use the third account. I
am logged on the first account with administrator rights but I cannot delte
the third account. Everytime I try to delete the account, the window and
program stops responding. I have tried this five times and even restarted and
tried to delete it with no luck. I tried to delete the third account in Safe
Mode but the third account does not show up?

Any ideas because I am out of them?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,
Matt
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot delete unsed user account

    what is the third account named?
    How did the third account get on your pc?

    "MattL" <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have three accounts on my computer, and I do not use the third account.
    > am logged on the first account with administrator rights but I cannot
    > delte
    > the third account. Everytime I try to delete the account, the window and
    > program stops responding. I have tried this five times and even restarted
    > and
    > tried to delete it with no luck. I tried to delete the third account in
    > Safe
    > Mode but the third account does not show up?
    >
    > Any ideas because I am out of them?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated, thanks,
    > Matt

    If it is not an account you created, ignore the rest of this post...but post
    back if it isn't an account you created.

    If it is, and you want it gone, try this.

    Go to start>run and type this in the box

    control userpasswords2

    When that opens, highlight and delete the account you don't want, reboot and
    see if it worked.

    Again, if it isn't an account you created, post back.

    "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
    > what is the third account named?
    > How did the third account get on your pc?
    >
    > "MattL" <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have three accounts on my computer, and I do not use the third account.
    >> am logged on the first account with administrator rights but I cannot
    >> delte
    >> the third account. Everytime I try to delete the account, the window and
    >> program stops responding. I have tried this five times and even restarted
    >> and
    >> tried to delete it with no luck. I tried to delete the third account in
    >> Safe
    >> Mode but the third account does not show up?
    >>
    >> Any ideas because I am out of them?
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated, thanks,
    >> Matt

Microsoft Windows XP