Can't install ATI RADEON 9250 SE

I tried many options but no success. Whenever I try to Install the ATI RADEON
9250 SE graphic display card XP driver, an error message pops up telling that
I should first install a standart graphic display drive prior to install that
driver. And my computer always boot in VGASafe mode, without even recognizing
my graphiic display card. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. Proffy

I meant, VGASave...Sorry..

"Proffy" wrote:

> I tried many options but no success. Whenever I try to Install the ATI RADEON
> 9250 SE graphic display card XP driver, an error message pops up telling that
> I should first install a standart graphic display drive prior to install that
> driver. And my computer always boot in VGASafe mode, without even recognizing
> my graphiic display card. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. Proffy

go into bios and turn off onboard video .. then it will look for the new card ..