winxp home networking problem

I have WinXP Pro and W98 workstation on home network with Linksys router.

I ran XP Network setup disk on W98 workstation

Both computers can access internet thru router
XP computer can "see" w98 computer and can copy files to/from W98 computer

W98 computer cannot "see" Wxp computer. In fact, Windows explorer "freezes"
as soon as I click on Network Neighborhood.

IP addresses appear to be set as follows:
router = 192.168.1.1
XP computer = 192.168.1.100
W98 computer = 192.168.1.101

..100 can ping both .1 and .101
..101 can ping .1, but not .100

Help
Thanks,
JOhn
1 answer Last reply
More about winxp home networking problem

    John Gilchrist wrote:
    > I have WinXP Pro and W98 workstation on home network with Linksys
    > router.
    >
    > I ran XP Network setup disk on W98 workstation
    >
    > Both computers can access internet thru router
    > XP computer can "see" w98 computer and can copy files to/from W98
    > computer
    >
    > W98 computer cannot "see" Wxp computer. In fact, Windows explorer
    > "freezes" as soon as I click on Network Neighborhood.
    >
    > IP addresses appear to be set as follows:
    > router = 192.168.1.1
    > XP computer = 192.168.1.100
    > W98 computer = 192.168.1.101
    >
    > .100 can ping both .1 and .101