winxp home networking problem

I have WinXP Pro and W98 workstation on home network with Linksys router.

I ran XP Network setup disk on W98 workstation

Both computers can access internet thru router
XP computer can "see" w98 computer and can copy files to/from W98 computer

W98 computer cannot "see" Wxp computer. In fact, Windows explorer "freezes"
as soon as I click on Network Neighborhood.

IP addresses appear to be set as follows:
router = 192.168.1.1
XP computer = 192.168.1.100
W98 computer = 192.168.1.101

..100 can ping both .1 and .101
..101 can ping .1, but not .100

Help
Thanks,
JOhn

John Gilchrist wrote:
> I have WinXP Pro and W98 workstation on home network with Linksys
> router.
>
> I ran XP Network setup disk on W98 workstation
>
> Both computers can access internet thru router
> XP computer can "see" w98 computer and can copy files to/from W98
> computer
>
> W98 computer cannot "see" Wxp computer. In fact, Windows explorer
> "freezes" as soon as I click on Network Neighborhood.
>
> IP addresses appear to be set as follows:
> router = 192.168.1.1
> XP computer = 192.168.1.100
> W98 computer = 192.168.1.101
>
> .100 can ping both .1 and .101