WINNER

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004

where's the best place to get a couple of these? only really need 2 or
3 of these (in case i mess one up).

if someone wants to send me a couple in an envelope, let me know and
i'll shoot you a paypal.

trying to make an adapter for my mr do board.

an accurate pinout diagram would be helpful too.

thanks.
k.

Also do a search for Mr Do. I found a pinout for the universal board
posted on this group. I have a Mr Do and Mr Do Castle in one cabinet.

-> Mr. Do! Series Connector <-

Name Of Games: The "Mr. Do!" Series: "Mr. Do!", "Mr. Do!'s WildRide",
"Mr. Do!'s Castle", "Do Run Run".

Notes:
1) This PinOut sheet is INCOMPLETE! I will update it when I have
time to
experiment with the game some more, but this contains enough to
get it
up, running and playing. [Updated on 12/30/95]
2) The sound that comes from the board requires an external amp.
More
info l8r! [Still no details[

Solder Side | Parts Side
________________________________|___________________________________
GND | A | 1 | GND
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
GND | B | 2 | GND
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
+5 | C | 3 | +5
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
+5 | D | 4 | +5
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
| F | 6 | H. Sync
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
| H | 7 |
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
+12 | J | 8 | +12
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
| K | 9 |
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
Audio Out | L | 10|
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
Audio Out (ref) | M | 11|
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
Slam Switch | N | 12|
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
2P Up | P | 13| 1P Up
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
| R | 14|
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
2P Right | S | 15| 1P Right
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
| T | 16|
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
2P Down | U | 17| 1P Down
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
| V | 18|
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
2P Left | W | 19| 1P Left
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
| X | 20|
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
2P Start | Y | 21| 1P Start
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
Video Red | Z | 22| 1P Fire/Throw
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
Video Green | a | 23| 2P Fire/Throw
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
Video Blue | b | 24| Coin (1)
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
Comp. Sync | c | 25| Coin (2)
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
GND | d | 26| GND
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
GND | e | 27| GND
----------------------------|---|---|-------------------------------
GND | f | 28| GND

From: klibby@ede.sanders.lockheed.com (Kevin D. Libby)

notes:
1) A,B,1,2 are connected together on circuit board
2) C,D,3,4 are connected together on circuit board
3) J,8 are connected together on circuit board
4) d,e,f,26,27,28 are connected together on circuit board
5) According to my logic diagrams, horizontal and vertical sync
appear
unconnected. My machine uses the composite sync.
6) Audio out is low voltage and requires a separate amplifier
7) +12v does not appear to be used on the logic board. It is
simply a
"pass thru" from the power supply to the audio amp
8) 2nd player connections are for table top model

In article winner@soulshot.com says...

>where's the best place to get a couple of these? only really need 2 or
>3 of these (in case i mess one up).

I've used the fingerboards from Mike Haaland in the past, these are
pretty good. http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAMMATYPE2

>trying to make an adapter for my mr do board.

Don't forget with Mr.Do you'll need an external audio amp too. At least
with the original board the bootlegs I've seen did have had an onboard
amp.

- James

------------------------------
JrokLand http://www.jrok.com
------------------------------

J & R wrote:
> -> Mr. Do! Series Connector <-
>
> Name Of Games: The "Mr. Do!" Series: "Mr. Do!", "Mr. Do!'s
WildRide",
> "Mr. Do!'s Castle", "Do Run Run".
[...]

Hey! Where did you get that pinout from? That is one I wrote a
looooong time ago, but someone removed the email address from it? (Or
maybe Google Groups did?)

Peace!

-=- James.

Arcade Shop makes a Mr. Do jamma adapter with the sound amplifier built into
the adapter. www.arcadeshop.com

--
Daniel
The Vintage Geek

Vintage Geek <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote:
: Arcade Shop makes a Mr. Do jamma adapter with the sound amplifier built into
: the adapter. www.arcadeshop.com

I've been selling those for years too.

....and mine have the amp built properly =-P

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

What, you mean arcadeshop's don't have the "burst into flames on command"
feature??? : )

Richard

On 05 May 2005 00:33:53 GMT, "Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu>
wrote:

>Vintage Geek <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote:
>: Arcade Shop makes a Mr. Do jamma adapter with the sound amplifier built into
>: the adapter. www.arcadeshop.com
>

>I've been selling those for years too.
>
>...and mine have the amp built properly =-P

What's wrong with Steves?

--
Daniel
The Vintage Geek

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Vintage Geek <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote:
> : Arcade Shop makes a Mr. Do jamma adapter with the sound amplifier built
> into
> : the adapter. www.arcadeshop.com
>

> I've been selling those for years too.
>
> ...and mine have the amp built properly =-P
>

> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

And the link to you web site does not work.

--
Daniel
The Vintage Geek

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Vintage Geek <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote:
> : Arcade Shop makes a Mr. Do jamma adapter with the sound amplifier built
> into
> : the adapter. www.arcadeshop.com
>

> I've been selling those for years too.
>
> ...and mine have the amp built properly =-P
>

> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Vintage Geek <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote:
: What's wrong with Steves?

Wrong kind of cap on the input.
Output DC blocking cap is smaller than what that amp wants
Missing filter caps

And I can't read the value of the resistor from his picture, but he's
either missing the input attenuation network that universals need
for that amp (so the 'usable range' of the volume pot is almost
non-existant) or the output filter network.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Vintage Geek <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote:
: And the link to you web site does not work.

The link works...

The boot drive on the computer it points to doesn't though :)