missing mmdriver.inf

May 6, 2005 10:28:09 PM

The mmdriver.inf file is missing from my system. Can anyone tell me how to
reinstall it?

More about : missing mmdriver inf

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 4:14:48 AM

You're going to need your Windows XP installation CD.
Put the CD in the drive.
Go to Start -> Run and enter cmd.exe in the Open box.
In the command prompt window enter the following:

Expand X:\I386\mmdriver.in_ %windir%\System32\mmdriver.inf

Note: Substitute the correct drive letter for X and leave a space
between _ and %.
Hit the enter key.
Close the command prompt window and see if the file is now where
it should be.

If your computer did not come with an XP installation CD, look
for a copy of the I386 folder on your hard drive. See if you can
expand the file from that location.

--
Nepatsfan
"stephen" <stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The mmdriver.inf file is missing from my system. Can anyone
> tell me how to
> reinstall it?
May 7, 2005 11:04:03 AM

Thanks alot! That worked great.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 2:26:18 PM

You're welcome. Glad to hear you've got that fixed.

--
!