Sign in with
Your question

Whats the Difference?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 27, 2012 6:55:13 AM

Hi, I'm not sure at all about the difference between 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670m and a 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7670m? Does it make a vast improvement in gaming graphics with the extra gigabyte? Because im not entirely sure. Please recommend me another graphic card if this one i'snt at all good for gaming because i'm fairly new to the world of graphic cards. thanks! :D 

More about : whats difference

a b D Laptop
July 27, 2012 9:26:41 AM

No point getting 2GB. The GPU is too weak to run games in res that needs that much memory.

For gaming I will recommend GTX 680m SLI purely due to performance perspective, but that will be out of your budget. You need to list your preference:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/50797-35-laptop-buyer...

m
l
July 27, 2012 9:27:53 AM

You will not have better performance using the 2GB one. Laptops do not have big enough screens to make a GPU need 2GB. We could recommend a good GPU if you tell us how much you can spend
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2012 9:28:12 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Laptops & Notebooks by Pyree
m
l
a c 119 À AMD
a c 434 D Laptop
July 27, 2012 2:23:25 PM

From a gaming standpoint 2GB of VRAM is only useful at resolutions over 1920x1200, but the graphic card is too weak to play games at that resolution.

2GB of VRAM can come in handy if you are doing 3D rending or Photoshop work or anything else that requires a lot of VRAM to load textures.
m
l
August 8, 2012 8:05:39 AM

akxpckwb said:
You will not have better performance using the 2GB one. Laptops do not have big enough screens to make a GPU need 2GB. We could recommend a good GPU if you tell us how much you can spend

Anything under $1300 US I can afford. (Laptop Wise) I'm trying to find a good laptop that comes with a good GPU and CPU. Any ideas?
m
l
!