Looking for a new laptop as my old one broke down, found something interesting, but would like opinions.
1. What is your budget?
- around £500 (or less)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
- 1366 x 768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
- desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need?
- Not very bothered.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
- yes, EU3, Mount&Blade, TF2, perhaps skyrim. Satisfied with low settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
- Programming, writing, browsing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
- Starting at 320 GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
- 3 years at least
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
- DVD ROM or better
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
- AMD graphics preferred for drivers in linux, but not a deal-breaker