Email to SMS Gateway?

Anyone know if such a thing exists?

--
-----<snip>-----
Cut the snippy to reply in email.
8 answers Last reply
More about email gateway

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:39:44 GMT, Seymour Butts
    <mysnippynippy@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >Anyone know if such a thing exists?

    Do you mean send a regular email and it will be delivered to a mobile
    phone? 10digits@teleflip.com (e.g. 4165552368@teleflip.com ) will
    deliver to any North American mobile phone. If you mean the other way
    around sending an email *from* a phone to an email address you can use
    Connectotel <http://www.connectotel.com>

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.NONOcom> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:

    > Do you mean send a regular email and it will be delivered to a mobile
    > phone? 10digits@teleflip.com (e.g. 4165552368@teleflip.com ) will
    > deliver to any North American mobile phone.

    Yep, I want to convert emails to sms since incoming sms are free. Thanks
    for the info.

    --
    -----<snip>-----
    Cut the snippy to reply in email.

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:51:15 GMT, Seymour Butts
    <mysnippynippy@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.NONOcom> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:
    >
    >> Do you mean send a regular email and it will be delivered to a mobile
    >> phone? 10digits@teleflip.com (e.g. 4165552368@teleflip.com ) will
    >> deliver to any North American mobile phone.
    >
    >Yep, I want to convert emails to sms since incoming sms are free. Thanks
    >for the info.

    Incoming text messages are only free if it originated from a handset.

    Good day.

    If you want, I can activate you an test account on www.smshosting.it for
    test our email2sms gateway.
    If necessary, you can contact our english support at
    assistenza@smshosting.it or via msn messenger at smshostingIT@hotmail.com

    Regards,

    The SmsHosting.it Team

    "SmsHosting.it" <sales@smshosting.it> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:

    > If you want, I can activate you an test account on www.smshosting.it
    > for test our email2sms gateway.

    Thanks for the offer. However, it appears that free sms messages are only
    free if they are send from a handset. Damn.

    --

    Ototin <bangsit@balay.ca> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:

    > Incoming text messages are only free if it originated from a handset.

    It's getting confusing these days with what is free.

    --
    -----<snip>-----
    Cut the snippy to reply in email.

    Hi,

    >Anyone know if such a thing exists?

    PageGate with the email interface http://www.notepage.net/pagegate.htm can act
    as an email to SMS gateway.

    Cheers,
    Bill

    "Seymour Butts" <mysnippynippy@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Ototin <bangsit@balay.ca> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:
    >
    > > Incoming text messages are only free if it originated from a handset.
    >
    > It's getting confusing these days with what is free.

    Just in case you're interested, all message reception on Rogers GSM is
    free, including emails. TTYL

Fido Email Gateway Internet Service Providers