freeze on startup

my PC has started to hang on the manufacturers page and refuse to go any
further.I have to diconnect and try again and again.Any ideas how to force
it to start when it does this and the probable cause?

Thanks

Boot to the XP setup CD, and press 'r' for recovery console, run the command : CHKDSK /R

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509