Accessories Question

Mike

Splendid

Today I received shipment of a refurbished Dell. This makes my third
one. It did not include a power cable nor a DVI to VGA converter and
the video card only has DVI outputs :-( The power cable in no real
biggy seeing how I have a few spare but I need that converter! D'OH!
Oh well, looks like I better buy a LCD monitor then :p Just kidding
the Wife would kill me! Anyone ever have a missing power cable or the
like ? This is the first time something has come up missing.

Mike

Refurb is not the same as a smoothly running assembly line pumping out new build
systems. Still, there are check lists and packing lists which should be checked
for completeness. One other approach would be to substitute a video card with a
15-pin connector. DVI-VGA converters should be freely available and inexpensive
on eBay, if not at Best Buy, CompUSA, Fry's, or a local computer shop. One
would hope you still got a decent deal... Ben Myers

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:54:29 GMT, Mike <Mike@SunnyOrlando.com> wrote:

>Today I received shipment of a refurbished Dell. This makes my third
>one. It did not include a power cable nor a DVI to VGA converter and
>the video card only has DVI outputs :-( The power cable in no real
>biggy seeing how I have a few spare but I need that converter! D'OH!
>Oh well, looks like I better buy a LCD monitor then :p Just kidding
>the Wife would kill me! Anyone ever have a missing power cable or the
>like ? This is the first time something has come up missing.
>
>Mike

Mike

Splendid

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:02:05 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>Refurb is not the same as a smoothly running assembly line pumping out new build
>systems. Still, there are check lists and packing lists which should be checked
>for completeness. One other approach would be to substitute a video card with a
>15-pin connector. DVI-VGA converters should be freely available and inexpensive
>on eBay, if not at Best Buy, CompUSA, Fry's, or a local computer shop. One
>would hope you still got a decent deal... Ben Myers

Hey Ben! I totally forgot that I bought a new video card for my then
existing computer (GeForce 5900XT) that had a DVI to VGA converter :)
Now I am chiming along on the new system. I ended up getting a
Dimension 8400 3.4 Ghz, 1Gig RAM, GeForce 6800 GTO. After taxes it
came to $895 dollars (free shipping too!). So far I am very pleased.
This is my forth Dell overall and my third refurbished unit. As a
quick test I loaded up Doom 3 and cranked up the resolution. Even
when there's a lot of on screen action it's not dropping many (if any)
frames at all :)

Mike

P.S. I spoke with a Customer Care Rep via an online chat and Dell is
sending out my power cable.

My refurb Dimension 4400 that I bought 3 years ago was missing the power
cable. The new Dimension 4700 I just bought for work was missing the mouse.
Both times Dell had the parts in my hands within a day. It happens...