Sign in with
Your question

Where can I buy an ATI Mobility Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 28, 2004 12:25:06 AM

i currently have a radeon mobility 9000 in my laptop and want to upgrade to the new mobility 9800, but i cannot find anywhere that i can purchase mobility cards.

even my laptop manufacturer cannot get the cards; their supplier only gives them the cards already attached to the mobo, meaning that i'd have to spring for a $700 upgrade.

does anyone know of a company that sells mobility cards?

More about : buy ati mobility card

July 28, 2004 1:04:04 AM

ur own post contains the answer why one cannot find (or it is extremely hard) mobility card sellers.

<i> :eek:  <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :eek:  </i>
July 28, 2004 1:43:56 AM

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> right here </A>

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D 
Related resources
July 28, 2004 4:31:39 AM

Like you said, the mobility chips are integrated into the board. The only manufacturer that makes video cards upgradable are Alienware. They have specially designed cards that are upgradeable. These cards will only work with Alienware laptops, so you are pretty much out of luck. I don't know of any way to upgrade it, without buying a new board. But geez, $700 for a new board, that is not even worth it. You would probably be better to just sell it, and get a new laptop.
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2004 4:52:44 AM

Quote:
The only manufacturer that makes video cards upgradable are Alienware

Actually no that's not true.

VOODOO was the VERY first to have upgradable Mobile Graphics systems, and Dell Also offers upgrades (but only if you send them to DELL). There may be others out there, but Alienware isn't the only one, and they weren't even the first, that honour goes to a local company here in town. :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
July 28, 2004 4:55:10 AM

F*ck you Coolsquirtle.I clicked on ur clicky

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=682299587" target="_new">40k in aquamark 3
</A>
P4b2.4@2.8||1024mb DDR@392mhz||9800pro@420/740||Viewsonic UltraBrite 19"||Panisonic DVD-RW<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Pukepile on 07/28/04 00:55 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
July 28, 2004 5:00:36 AM

Haha! :lol: 

--

<font color=red>NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
<font color=white>XXXXXXX<font color=green>S<font color=white>XXXXXXX
XXXXXX<font color=green>SSS<font color=white>XXXXXX
XXXXX<font color=green>SS<font color=orange>g</font color=orange>SS<font color=white>XXXXX
<font color=red>NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN</font color=green></font color=white>
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2004 5:16:50 AM

LOL!

That is the OLDEST Clicky trick in this Forum!

HEHE!

Oh man!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
July 28, 2004 5:25:16 AM

Yeah, Phial's had it for a long time now as his sig.

"PLEASE DON'T CLICK HERE!" :lol: 

--

<font color=red>NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
<font color=white>XXXXXXX<font color=green>S<font color=white>XXXXXXX
XXXXXX<font color=green>SSS<font color=white>XXXXXX
XXXXX<font color=green>SS<font color=orange>g</font color=orange>SS<font color=white>XXXXX
<font color=red>NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN</font color=green></font color=white>
!