Please help with CD writing wizard..

Using XP (Pro, I believe):

For some odd reason, one PC is missing a 'component' and I can't figure it
out!

I first 'send' files to the CD burner, then the balloon pops up on the
bottom right, telling me there are files to be written, click to see those
files. When I click the balloon, the explorer window pops up and the files
to be written are there, but the panel on the left side is not, the one with
the menu options to 'write' the files to CD, etc. For now, I have been left
clicking, but how do I get that dialog panel to come up?? Thanks!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie
3 answers Last reply
More about please writing wizard

    Try these steps:

    * Click Start, run, type "control folders" (with out quotation marks) and
    click OK.
    * Place a checkmark next to "Show Common Tasks in folders"
    * Click OK.
    --
    HTH
    Venkatesh
    "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Using XP (Pro, I believe):
    >
    > For some odd reason, one PC is missing a 'component' and I can't figure it
    > out!
    >
    > I first 'send' files to the CD burner, then the balloon pops up on the
    > bottom right, telling me there are files to be written, click to see those
    > files. When I click the balloon, the explorer window pops up and the
    files
    > to be written are there, but the panel on the left side is not, the one
    with
    > the menu options to 'write' the files to CD, etc. For now, I have been
    left
    > clicking, but how do I get that dialog panel to come up?? Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > B'Regards,
    >
    > Vinnie

    That was it! So easy.. thank you!
    "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]" <Ihatespam.venkatesh00@hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:%239RRbzxUFHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Try these steps:
    >
    > * Click Start, run, type "control folders" (with out quotation marks) and
    > click OK.
    > * Place a checkmark next to "Show Common Tasks in folders"
    > * Click OK.
    > --
    > HTH
    > Venkatesh
    > "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
    >> Using XP (Pro, I believe):
    >>
    >> For some odd reason, one PC is missing a 'component' and I can't figure
    >> it
    >> out!
    >>
    >> I first 'send' files to the CD burner, then the balloon pops up on the
    >> bottom right, telling me there are files to be written, click to see
    >> those
    >> files. When I click the balloon, the explorer window pops up and the
    > files
    >> to be written are there, but the panel on the left side is not, the one
    > with
    >> the menu options to 'write' the files to CD, etc. For now, I have been
    > left
    >> clicking, but how do I get that dialog panel to come up?? Thanks!
    >>
    >> --
    >> B'Regards,
    >>
    >> Vinnie

    You are welcome!

    Venkatesh

    Uncle Vinnie wrote:
    > That was it! So easy.. thank you!
    > "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]"
    <Ihatespam.venkatesh00@hotmail.com>
    > wrote in message news:%239RRbzxUFHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > > Try these steps:
    > >
    > > * Click Start, run, type "control folders" (with out quotation
    marks) and
    > > click OK.
    > > * Place a checkmark next to "Show Common Tasks in folders"
    > > * Click OK.
    > > --
    > > HTH
    > > Venkatesh
    > > "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
    > >> Using XP (Pro, I believe):
    > >>
    > >> For some odd reason, one PC is missing a 'component' and I can't
    figure
    > >> it
    > >> out!
    > >>
    > >> I first 'send' files to the CD burner, then the balloon pops up on
    the
    > >> bottom right, telling me there are files to be written, click to
    see
    > >> those
    > >> files. When I click the balloon, the explorer window pops up and
    the
    > > files
    > >> to be written are there, but the panel on the left side is not,
    the one
    > > with
    > >> the menu options to 'write' the files to CD, etc. For now, I have
    been
    > > left
    > >> clicking, but how do I get that dialog panel to come up?? Thanks!
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> B'Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Vinnie

CD-Rom Windows XP