Uninstalling XP

Am sick and tired of XP and want to return to ME (upgrade from it to XP using
cd). Please don't tell me that it's extremely complicated or can't be done.
I'm no pro--learn by trial and error. Xp is is a fouled up mess on my pc
including Service Pack 2. I couldn't describe this in a hundred pages so
please tell me how to get rid of it and all traces if possible. What is a
clean install? How do I save my files if I uninstall. Any help will be most
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dara Smythe

Actually its quite simple,in add remove programs,bottom of page,you should
have the option to uninstall xp.If you deleted this,install ME cd,boot to cd,
select to install ME.

"Dara Smythe" wrote:

> Am sick and tired of XP and want to return to ME (upgrade from it to XP using
> cd). Please don't tell me that it's extremely complicated or can't be done.
> I'm no pro--learn by trial and error. Xp is is a fouled up mess on my pc
> including Service Pack 2. I couldn't describe this in a hundred pages so
> please tell me how to get rid of it and all traces if possible. What is a
> clean install? How do I save my files if I uninstall. Any help will be most
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dara Smythe

Thanks for answering so quickly. Seems it used to be there in add/remove but
is no longer. I tried to install ME from the disc but it didn't work. If I
do get it to work, should I save my files to disc first?

Dara