Closed

Desktop has turned upside down. Help needed please!

May 7, 2005 12:05:25 PM

Basically my lovely younger sister has touched something on my computer, and
she can't remember what. Basically my screen seems to have swivelled 90
degrees clockwise, sos the desktop bar is on the side of the screen, and the
desktop picture is upside down - so i have to turn my head upside down in
order to view my screen normally. Does anybody know of a way to fix it so it
goes back to the normal way?
Help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Jade
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 3:43:21 PM

Hi,

Right click on the desktop and select properties.
Click Settings - Advanced, and look through the tabs and properties
for a rotation setting and adjust it back to normal.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

tough_guys_wear_pink wrote:
> Basically my lovely younger sister has touched something
> on my computer, and she can't remember what. Basically my
> screen seems to have swivelled 90 degrees clockwise, sos
> the desktop bar is on the side of the screen, and the
> desktop picture is upside down - so i have to turn my
> head upside down in order to view my screen normally.
> Does anybody know of a way to fix it so it goes back to
> the normal way?
> Help will be very much appreciated.
> Thanks
> Jade
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 3:43:22 PM

Thankyou SO MUCH. It took me a while to find, but i finally found the
rotation tab. I think im gonna password my computer now.

Thanks Again

Jade
May 7, 2005 4:29:42 PM

You're welcome Jade.

You should password your account and create a new account for you
sister.

Or you could turn on the Guest account and let here use it.

Go to Control Panel - User accounts and click on Guest then click
"Turn on the guest account".

System Restore is a built-in utility that can be used to roll back the
system in the event of unwanted system changes.
All About System Restore in WinXP
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/body_index.html

--

tough_guys_wear_pink wrote:
> Thankyou SO MUCH. It took me a while to find, but i
> finally found the rotation tab. I think im gonna password
> my computer now.
>
> Thanks Again
>
> Jade
October 20, 2008 8:46:04 AM

Here are most easier and most practical advice for resolving that problem which happened to me also, on very unusual way...my cat went across my keyboard and my desktop was turned upside down! ....LOL :lol:  :non:

It took me also little searching how to resolve this and here is how to do that. :ange:

Fortunately, I have desktop, so I turned my LCD screen first upside down ,....LOL....in order to easier manage mouse movement.

Resolving this issue is very simple:

- right click on desktop screen
- choose "Graphic Properties"
- click "Normal" (180 degrees will become automaticaly unchecked)

That's all! :lol:

Screen returned to NORMAL. :bounce:

Regards. :hello:

November 17, 2008 5:35:01 AM

Press AND HOLD FOR A FEW SECONDS the keys: CTRL + ALT + cursor UP + cursor [/b]DOWN arrows concurrently (at the same time) [/b]

When you press and Hold these four (4) keys down for a few seconds. The monitor scren will black out and come on again with desktop right side up.

Hope it works for you!!

Pauline
Anonymous
August 22, 2010 2:09:56 AM

thanks a lot... i just got my computer corrected through graphic properties GOD Bless you. i joined in here just to say thanks...
August 22, 2010 2:34:56 AM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
!