Tech: Colors washed on Ms. Pac

I am almost done reconditioning a Ms Pac Cocktail. I have installed an
Arcadeshop power supply kit and a new Happ Monitor. Powered it up
tonight and the colors on one side (right) seemed washed out compared
to the other side? Is something not grounded somewhere?
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Charlie

Already, it is a brand new monitor (out of the box). It is a Happ
Vison Pro, can someone tell me how too?

Charlie

Ok, that is it. Tilted monitor up just a small bit and the colors are
perfect. Put it back and back to washed out. How can I get rid of
this issue?
Charlie

Turned it off, rotated it, turned it back on and it is almost back to
normal. Will leave it off overnight and try tomorrow. Thanks
everyone!

Charlie

Things are tight in there. If you used a replacement speaker OR if it
came with one it needs to have a cancellation magnet on the speaker
magnet. It's called a "bucking magnet" on an AKA "shielded speaker"

- Matt

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

buy yourself a degaussing coil, $ well spent.
fix your problem in 30 secs.
no need to run your game over night and develop a new problem.
If you move your games around, like I do.
it's a necessity.

Troy,

Charlie L. <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am almost done reconditioning a Ms Pac Cocktail. I have installed an
> Arcadeshop power supply kit and a new Happ Monitor. Powered it up
> tonight and the colors on one side (right) seemed washed out compared
> to the other side? Is something not grounded somewhere?
> HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
>
> Charlie

degauss!

"Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote in message
>I am almost done reconditioning a Ms Pac Cocktail. I have installed an
> Arcadeshop power supply kit and a new Happ Monitor. Powered it up
> tonight and the colors on one side (right) seemed washed out compared
> to the other side? Is something not grounded somewhere?
> HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
>
> Charlie

you might just see if it degausses itself, by just turning it off and on
several times to make the coil work! make sure you don't have a magnetic
device close to machine also. you probably can just turn it 90 degrees and
it goes away!!!

hope this helps

> Already, it is a brand new monitor (out of the box). It is a Happ
> Vison Pro, can someone tell me how too?
>
> Charlie

by the way, this doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the
monitor....they can look like that anytime! it depends on "magnetic field"
around it and the Earth's magnetic field. it sounds weird i know, but that
is more than likely what the problem is!

"Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote in message
> Already, it is a brand new monitor (out of the box). It is a Happ
> Vison Pro, can someone tell me how too?
>
> Charlie

also, forgot you said cocktail....lift up monitor a little and see if that
goes away too. might have a magnetic thing going on in your cabinet.

"Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote in message
> Already, it is a brand new monitor (out of the box). It is a Happ
> Vison Pro, can someone tell me how too?
>
> Charlie

i'm not sure, but you might google it because i know there were some
suggestion about how/what to prevent this. i will search and post if i find
anything on it also!

surely, someone here can suggest something on this thread though!!!

glad to help

> Ok, that is it. Tilted monitor up just a small bit and the colors are
> perfect. Put it back and back to washed out. How can I get rid of
> this issue?
> Charlie

I would leave it off overnight or for a few hours and then try it again.
Never move the game while it is on, this will cause this problem. Don't
open the lid with it on either. Worst comes to worse you can get a
degausser and use that, but it should self degauss.

Thomas