XP recovery console problem

May 7, 2005 1:26:03 PM

I'm working on an XP home system, when the system boots up I get the message
that windows could not start missing or corrupt
windows\system32\config\system.

I'm trying to follow KB article 307545: How to recover from a corrupted
registry that prevents Windows XP from starting

But when I attempt to copy or md I get access denied. When I entered the
recovery console I was never prompted for the admin password.

Any help would be great. Thanks
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:29:06 PM

Restrictions and limitations of the Recovery Console
When you use the Windows Recovery Console, you can use only the following
items: . The root folder
. The %SystemRoot% folder and the subfolders of the Windows
installation that you are currently logged on to
. The Cmdcons folder
. The removable media drives such as the CD-ROM drive or the DVD-ROM
drive
Note If you try to obtain access to other folders, you may receive an
"Access Denied" error message. Also, when you are using the Windows Recovery
Console, you cannot copy a file from the local hard disk to a floppy disk.
However, you can copy a file from a floppy disk or from a CD-ROM to a hard
disk, and you can copy a file from one hard disk to another hard disk.

!