Gateway x800xt (cross your fingers)

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Since I know I'm not the only one who ordered one, I thought maybe we should have a thread here for the people that ordered x800 xt from gateway when it was cheap. People could post the status, and when (more likely if) they ship. Also, we could keep track of who gets canceled. As of now, mine is pending, but I called on tues (07/27) and they said it would SHIP on friday. So come friday, either elation or wrath will be mine.

"It's too late now anyway. That song is stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to blow it out. With a bullet!! - Carl

How much is cheap?

<font color=blue><font color=red>Blow</font color=red> Dry <font color=red>my ass</font color=red> and call me <font color=red>Eden</font color=red>!</font color=blue>

pauldh

Illustrious
I ordered one too, back end of June for $398 Shipped. ($435-10% coupon code) And according to ATI, that part number is for the Retail Box BBA X800XT Platinum Edition. Mine was suposed to ship today, but according to the order status it says pending still. I will be calling Gateway later today if the status doesn't change.

It hasn't been on Gateways site for a couple weeks, I guess they have plenty of backordered ones to last until Christmas. But will they all get Cancelled? :frown:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Good luck to you. I cancelled my order. I didn't think they had a chance in H**L of shipping all the cards they preordered so I'm looking elsewhere. If you get yours... congrats, if not... welcome to a large and growing fraternity of frustrated X800XT PE buyers.

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Nope, called yesterday, said it was shipping today. Called today, said it was on backorder. CANCELED ORDER. F**K gateway, I ain't waiting 2 weeks for my card.

"It's too late now anyway. That song is stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to blow it out. With a bullet!! - Carl

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
You know, it might be trick that they are playing on all those who got the XT PE for their cheap price. They dont want to sell that for a loss, so they are just pissing you guys so that you cancel that order.

<i> :eek: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :eek: </i>

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Why don't you guys just get a [-peep-] X800Pro...?

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>
<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Well, if they want to wreck their online reputation, fine by me. Went to Gameve.com and ordered an XFX 6800GT. This time I learned my lesson and checked resellerratings before ordering. Gateway, BTW is getting a 0 from me and an angry letter.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
gateway are already getting away from the market.

<i> :eek: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :eek: </i>

pauldh

Illustrious
Sorry, been too busy to post. Gateway actually CALLED ME on the day the card was supposed to ship. They greatly apologized for the delay, but show that the item will ship August 17th. She assured me they would be shipping it and it is marked priority shipment. :tongue:

Anyway, as expected they missed the shipping deadline, but I was surprised they called me about it. Is it because I have many purchases over the past 10 years, or is it because so many people are calling them and complaining, that they were told to start calling to save their name and rep? WHo knows. I am in no rush, and the prcie is right. Unless I see a $300 6800GT or a XTPe for under $400 in stock, I'll hang on to see if Gateway will come through or not.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I hope so too... just saying that I called 1 DAY before it was supposed to ship, and was ASSURED it would. Next day... it's on backorder indefinitely. Either the Cust Service reps are uninformed, or Gateway's inventory system is jacked, because if I call one day before its supposed to ship, and they say it will, it better be in the warehouse.

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Happy ending - I bought DOOM 3 and got my 6800GT today.

Dear Gateway - Suck my c**k.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Glad somebody round here got sumpthin!!!! Sigh this is gettin annoying. What a revolting development. I'm still in limbo waiting for either Visiontek or HIS to get off the scnide and ship some of these things...

Sigh...

Da Worfster

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
on the sorrier, side, my 6800gt + A64 3200+ with 2 X 512 Corsair PC4000pro on the K8N Neo Platinum is only throwing up 56,000 aquamarks - seems like it should be faster.

pauldh

Illustrious
Well, I called Gateway, they claim the XTpe is a discontinued item (yeah right) and they will be cancelling my order. Hmm, last time they called me and said it was delayed, but would be shipping. Gateway Sucks!

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
fuc* that. superpcmart got the new XTs...anyway its already confirmed that ATI is still producing the cards.

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Shoulda jumped on those SuperPcMart cards when you had a chance man. I knew Gateway was full of [-peep-]. That's why I cancelled. Sorry you had to go through that. I know you'll find a XT PE out there somewhere.

Da Worfster

pauldh

Illustrious
Dell Home has the X800 Pro for $333. Very tempting. 3 Year Warranty, not sure if that means it's a retail BBA or not.

<A HREF="http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0370414" target="_new">http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0370414</A>

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
That's an insanely good deal, kind of like the one I had at gateway. Although - I give Dell much more credit. My original laptop was a dell, when my parents buy for themselves I recommend Dell. So I'd think they will probably deliver, or at least make it up to the customer if they can't.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Here you guys, Gateway finally paying for its BAD deeds...

they are being ripped off...were going bankrupt...and after closing all their own stores, are now <A HREF="http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_title=Gateway-Computers-To-Be-Sold-through-Micro-Center&story_id=26514&category=hardware" target="_new">selling</A> via some micro center. (+ others of course as before)

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by priyajeet on 08/23/04 01:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pauldh

Illustrious
Gateway has since sent me an email offering a $350 X800 Pro as a replacement to the $400 X800XTpe I ordered. :frown: Not a bad card, but not at all the DEAL I had ordered. No thankyou.

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
They haven't even offered my that. They've offered me platitudes and worthless explanations. Here's the email I want - "We are sorry for being such greedy bastards. We knew there were supply problems with the x800xt - we hadn't been able to deliver them even to people who ordered before you. But, we love it when Gateway stock goes up from all those preorders. So we took your order (and space on your credit card). Then we instructed our customer service reps to tell you whatever they needed to so that you wouldn't cancel. You finally got wise a month later and cancelled your order. Now that you're not giving us any money, we request you cease communication and politely request you go f*ck yourself. Sincerely, Gateway customer service."

G

lol
some deals are just to good to be true...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, Leadtek FX5900 w/ FX5950U bios@500/1000, 2X30gig Raid0

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
that kinda scam from some anonymous Ebay scam artist who we're all familiar with. You don't expect that from a company that was an industry leader in computer fabrication and sales. Dell stole Gateway's model for custom building PC's, not the other way round. I used to love the way Gateway did business, the Cows, the homespun attitude. They just let Dell get ahead of em and have never recovered.

Da Worfster