HELP ME PLEASE! problem w/ system resetting

May 7, 2005 2:08:02 PM

every time i turn on my computer after shutting it down i get a warning

WARNING! SYSTEM HAD TO RESET DUE TO OVER- CLOCK SETTING.

I tried looking for help but I don't get anything except foriegn languages
or gibberish answers. It says to please re - enter CPU setting in the CMOS
setup and remember to save before quit! HELP Please. I DON'T KNOW HOW!
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 7:13:45 PM

Ask the person that "Overclocked" the CPU to fix it for you. That setting
does not change on it's own. It has to be set on purpose.

"Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i turn on my computer after shutting it down i get a warning
>
> WARNING! SYSTEM HAD TO RESET DUE TO OVER- CLOCK SETTING.
>
> I tried looking for help but I don't get anything except foriegn languages
> or gibberish answers. It says to please re - enter CPU setting in the CMOS
> setup and remember to save before quit! HELP Please. I DON'T KNOW HOW!
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 7:13:46 PM

WHAT IS OVER CLOCKED? AND NO ONE ELSE DID IT CAUSE I AM TH ONLY ONE ON THE
THING

"Rattleon" wrote:

> Ask the person that "Overclocked" the CPU to fix it for you. That setting
> does not change on it's own. It has to be set on purpose.
>
> "Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > every time i turn on my computer after shutting it down i get a warning
> >
> > WARNING! SYSTEM HAD TO RESET DUE TO OVER- CLOCK SETTING.
> >
> > I tried looking for help but I don't get anything except foriegn languages
> > or gibberish answers. It says to please re - enter CPU setting in the CMOS
> > setup and remember to save before quit! HELP Please. I DON'T KNOW HOW!

May 7, 2005 10:21:36 PM

Shannon wrote:
> every time i turn on my computer after shutting it down i get a
> warning
>
> WARNING! SYSTEM HAD TO RESET DUE TO OVER- CLOCK SETTING.
>
> I tried looking for help but I don't get anything except foriegn
> languages or gibberish answers. It says to please re - enter CPU
> setting in the CMOS setup and remember to save before quit! HELP
> Please. I DON'T KNOW HOW!

Why are you posting this here? I fail to see what a hardware issue, which
occurs before the OS is even loaded, has anything to do with Windows. RTFM
that came with your board or system or, failing that, call the manufacturer.

You'd also find better assistance posting to a hardware (*NOT*
microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware as that is for hardware issues from
within the OS) group.

May 8, 2005 12:18:25 AM

Overclocking is raising the voltage to the CPU to make it run at a faster
speed. Usually a setting in the BIOS.

"Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i turn on my computer after shutting it down i get a warning
>
> WARNING! SYSTEM HAD TO RESET DUE TO OVER- CLOCK SETTING.
>
> I tried looking for help but I don't get anything except foriegn languages
> or gibberish answers. It says to please re - enter CPU setting in the CMOS
> setup and remember to save before quit! HELP Please. I DON'T KNOW HOW!
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 2:22:09 AM

Shannon wrote:
> WHAT IS OVER CLOCKED?

STFW.

AND NO ONE ELSE DID IT CAUSE I AM TH ONLY ONE
> ON THE THING

Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your
posts very hard to read.