Windows XP restarts when entering a session

I can start Windows XP but after entering a user session (I have 3 users
defined) and after seeing some icons appear on the bottom right bar, the
screen goes blank and the computer restarts; the problem is that I can't get
to the "Start" button to look for the problem.
I think the problem must be with some program that is trying to load itself
when I start a session; is there a way of starting a Windows XP session
without any programmes loading at start-up and then adding them one by one
until I find the one that's responsible for the crash?
Many thanks for your help.
--
Nicolas

Boot to Safe Mode (Press F8 on restart) and go to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB, to uncheck unwanted,
checked items
--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509