Considering the purchase of a Z200

Hi everybody,

My Nokia 7190 is slowly falling apart. I'm having problems with a partly
broken handset because the battery gets loose. I have to go to a Fido
shop every few weeks to make sure it gets fixed. Fortunately, it doesn't
cost me anything.

But I'm getting tired of this and I shopped around. The Sony Ericsson
Z200 seems to be an interesting purchase. Fido's choice of Nokia phones
isn't too varied, especially when you are looking for a triband.

Does anybody here have any information to give about the Z200? Is it
good or bad? Are the menus as easy to use as Nokia menus?

I'm waiting to see if the Telus offer gets turned down. Then, I'll be
very tempted to buy a new phone.

Well, you only have 4 more days to wait for a decision, because the initial
offering was to be valid only until June 22nd. I think it was done simply
to damage Fido's reputation, more than anything else. Anyway, the Z200 is
not the greatest phone in my opinion. The menus are simple enough, but the
reception is sub-par and connectivity is nearly non-existent (no MMS, no pc
synchronization, no communicam, no bluetooth, only infra-red). It is really
a "style over substance" phone. It does look good, though, and it is
tri-band. I prefer the SE Z600, but it is impossible to find, or even the
Moto V400, but you probably wouldn`t like the menus if you`re used to Nokia.
If you like Nokias, wait for the Nokia 3100, it should be out any day now.

CU

"Franken Stein" <franken@stein.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> My Nokia 7190 is slowly falling apart. I'm having problems with a partly
> broken handset because the battery gets loose. I have to go to a Fido
> shop every few weeks to make sure it gets fixed. Fortunately, it doesn't
> cost me anything.
>
> But I'm getting tired of this and I shopped around. The Sony Ericsson
> Z200 seems to be an interesting purchase. Fido's choice of Nokia phones
> isn't too varied, especially when you are looking for a triband.
>
> Does anybody here have any information to give about the Z200? Is it
> good or bad? Are the menus as easy to use as Nokia menus?
>
> I'm waiting to see if the Telus offer gets turned down. Then, I'll be
> very tempted to buy a new phone.

---